Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22244
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Tokico blues vs. illumina" Previous topic | Next topic
SilverRSFeb-04-04 05:21 AM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22244, "Tokico blues vs. illumina"

I don't know too much about suspensions. From ebay I can get the illuminas for $380 shipped, and $230 shipped for the blues. I know one is ajustable one isn't. What other reasons are there why I should get the illuminas? How is the ride quality with both, also handling? Is it really worth $150 more to get adjustable. Oh yea BTW I got the H&R Race Springs. What would the best combo be?

Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
lickscissorsFeb-04-04 05:59 AM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22245, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 0

i personally got the illuminas...i got mine off of planetperformance.com for 107 or something.... you can buy them individually and possibly just get the front two adjustable, and the back two the blues.... my ride quality is great with the illuminas
doug

14b custom turbo kit, modified starion front mount, 9.6:1 JE pistons/Eagle rods....running 12psi
screw flanders

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

dsmracerFeb-04-04 07:49 AM
Member since Jan 10th 2004
92 posts,
#22251, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 0

i have the illumina on my car too, great ride in my opinion

sam

RemyFeb-04-04 06:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#22272, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 2

I got the blues and the H&R springs and i dont like them.

^^Pretty much sums up my dsm life^^

Member # 333

96EclipsedFeb-07-04 06:50 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
#22315, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 3

I just switched from the blues to the Illuminas...no comparison so far. The Illuminas are sweet...

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

WickedESiFeb-07-04 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22319, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 4

The life time warranty of the illuminas is enough to make me partial. Has someone mentioned adjustable shocks own in racing?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Initial DSMFeb-10-04 08:28 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#22413, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 5

Illuminas are height adjustable and stiffness adjustable? I heard these are the best with Eibach pro kits?

SilverRSFeb-11-04 03:33 AM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
#22429, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 6

They are not height adjustable just stiffness adjustable.

js99rsFeb-11-04 04:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#22438, "RE: Tokico blues vs. illumina"
In response to Reply # 7

i have blues with tokico springs and i like 'em. little rough sometimes tho

-jason

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22244 Previous topic | Next topic