Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20020
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Have been searching but came to no conclusion" Previous topic | Next topic
JksEclipse95Sep-19-03 04:32 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
145 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20020, "Have been searching but came to no conclusion"

I've searched and read and searched and read and its most peoples opinion not to drop the car on factory shocks/struts because they'll just give up after about a month. My situation is that I only want to drop the car maybe a half~inch max drop. I measured and since I have ridicusly huge tires on my car, thats all I need. Is that too much for stocks? I looked into gettin new shocks/struts and most people love their illumnas but do I need such a good strut/shock for this drop. I know if I should do something, do it right, but I wouldn't mind saving 300 bucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
NackersSep-19-03 07:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20022, "RE: Have been searching but came to no conclusion"
In response to Reply # 0

You should be good with stockers for more than a month. I dropped my hyundai 2" and didn't replace the shocks. Almost a year later and they are still holdin up good and I know Mitsubishi makes better shit than hyundai. I am not saying that for sure you will have no problem because if it was me I would do it all right the first time. You could just get some Tokico Blues or something for pretty cheap considering, but I love the Illumnias with ground control coilovers. Thats what we got on the Eclipse and its nice...

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420AYESep-19-03 01:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#20027, "RE: Have been searching but came to no conclusion"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the tokico blues. i'm lowered pretty good. good enough that m y front camber is bad enough to screw my tires up. so yeah, just buy some 270 dollar, shipped to your house tokico hp's(blues) and put them on there at the same time. you'll save a huge headache when you have to go get a spring compressor. just do it once

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

WIKKISep-21-03 05:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#20088, "RE: Have been searching but came to no conclusion"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm at 60,000 miles on stock struts. I installed Suspension Techniques springs in march, and the ride has improved. even with 18" rims, the ride is better than before I had rims and springs.

btw: mine are approx 1.5 inch drop.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20020 Previous topic | Next topic