Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19555
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Volk TE37's" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
DinkjsAug-25-03 03:58 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19555, "Volk TE37's"

What do you think about those on the Eclipse.....yes we all know there beautiful rims....but what about on our car.....I was thinking 17 inch with atleast a 40 off set in black....my eclipse is the maroon color....of course some will say "why not spend that kind of money on a turbo or rebuild the engine" blah blah blah...I would if that was my goal....but I am thinking in terms of handling now and unsprung weight...so over all do you all think the TE37'S would like good on our body style??????????

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
slacker911Aug-25-03 07:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19556, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 0

They are great rims and look even better on an eclipse imo. I have seen a few pairs in person and want a set of 18's for my eclipse.

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

shuwa29Aug-26-03 01:04 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#19558, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 1

here's an idea of what they'd be like:

i would like to have a pair but i know i'm just going to end up with the katana's i've been looking at probabl

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

DinkjsAug-26-03 04:45 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
#19562, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 2

You my man are wonderful....it proves to me that yes they would and yes I want them on my car....now all I need to 2000 dollars

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

BlackGSTurboOct-02-03 02:00 PM
Member since Sep 29th 2003
65 posts,
#20311, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 3

i just found this does anyone know what size wheel, tire, offset? that eclipse looks sweet. thanks

jerseystyle1Oct-02-03 05:07 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#20314, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 4

Damn, I though Shuwa was back early from basic training!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Logic3Oct-03-03 03:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#20325, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 5

IMHO...I would not get the TE37's. Yeah they are probably the best looking wheel on the market and have been for a long time. But these are not an everyday driving wheel by any means. They cost of the wheel itself is rediculous and can you image bending one on a pothole or curbing one as you are leaving the bank ect...

If you want a lightweight wheel get some ROTA's or even some OZ Superleggras. At least these wheels are affordable can are not gonna cost you an arm and a leg should one need to be replaced.

But as far as the style and how they look on Eclipses.....they are by far my most favorite wheel. Good Luck.

theallpowerfulmeOct-03-03 03:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#20326, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 6

>At least these wheels are affordable can are
>not gonna cost you an arm and a leg should one need to be
>replaced.

wooo full coverage insurance!

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Logic3Oct-03-03 04:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#20327, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 7

Man I just realized how screwed up the sentece is...oh well. Its early. I have full coverage as well, but they don't replace aftermarket wheels.

BoostedGSOct-03-03 07:58 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#20331, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 8

Sorry this pic doesn't show the whole cars, but you kinda get the idea.....for a 1g and 2g.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

silvreclipsersOct-03-03 08:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#20332, "RE: Volk TE37's"
In response to Reply # 9

I know Wyatt(star turbo) had a pair on his eclipse

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19555 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic