Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19268
View in threaded mode

Subject: "AEM brake kit info needed" Previous topic | Next topic
ToTaLEkLyPz99Aug-03-03 04:30 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19268, "AEM brake kit info needed"

i have 19's and i am getting the aem kit i also want to do the gsx conversion..so my question is can i just order the gsx kit from RRE and get all i need to do the conversion to bolt it up or do i need more..thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ToTaLEkLyPz99Aug-03-03 05:13 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19270, "RE: AEM brake kit info needed"
In response to Reply # 0

bump.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorjuanAug-04-03 05:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#19293, "RE: AEM brake kit info needed"
In response to Reply # 0

The GSX kits come with stock GSX or Powerslot rotors, which you won't need if you get the AEM 12.5" AWD kit. You'll have to ask them what the price of the GSX kit would be without the rotors. Note there are two pieces of hardware needed, the twin-piston calipers, and the mounting brackets (important - not the same between FWD and AWD).

I would definitely recommend getting the stainless brake lines at the same time. At the very least, install new factory rubber lines if you want to get the full benefits of a brake system upgrade.

New brakepads are always a good idea too. I like the Porterfield R4-S pads up front.

Just keep in mind that the AWD rotors will be heavier than your stock setup, which will make your car somewhat slower and increase unsprung weight (affects handling). You only really need rotors this size if you plan to do any serious hi-performance driving (driving school, open tracking, etc), where their mass helps manage heat better. For street use, a good performance pad is all that is really needed. If you are really only concerned with looks, the AEM FWD 11.75" kit may be a cheaper way to go.

juan

MCubed45Aug-04-03 10:25 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#19298, "RE: AEM brake kit info needed"
In response to Reply # 2

don't order the caliper from RRE. they charge $350ish for the pair (includig brackets). you can get them from like autzone for something like $60 each + core charge. i ordered the AEM AWD rotors and the calipers and SS lines from RRE. i was in a rush though b/c my brakes were REALLY bad. you can save a lot if you get the calipers elsewhere. RRE's prices on the SS lines and AEM rotors are pretty nice though. hehe gsx calipers kick ass! and the 12.5" rotors will fill your rims nicely.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19268 Previous topic | Next topic