Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19161
View in threaded mode

Subject: "bump stops?" Previous topic | Next topic
rgirard413Jul-28-03 12:21 PM
Member since Jun 27th 2002
425 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19161, "bump stops?"

i have koni struts and maxspeed coilovers, i was wondering if i need to cut the stock bump stops to use with them

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
MannyyyJul-28-03 06:15 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19164, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, if you're going for a moderate drop (over 1.5"), then yea it's recommended you cut them in half so you won't bottom out as easily on them.

If you're going for a mild drop (less than 1.5"), then you still have lots of suspension travel left and can get away without cutting them.

-Manny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiJul-28-03 10:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#19168, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 1

Just take a hack saw to the middle of the front bump stops. Eibach recommends not cutting the rear because it's uncessary and your tires could violently rub the inner fender.

ECLIPSE4x4Aug-01-03 05:53 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2003
15 posts,
#19252, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 2

It all depends on the manufacturer. I would not cut off anything until you see what they reccomend. Each manufacturer is different.

Ed

rgirard413Aug-04-03 06:38 AM
Member since Jun 27th 2002
425 posts,
#19285, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 3

i kept the bump stops uncut, dropped my front end and there dont seem to be any bottoming out. So i guess im all set then?

NackersAug-04-03 10:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#19297, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 4

I dunno about being all set. *Check my sig* I had no problems with that setup untill like a couple weeks after I did it. The passanger rear makes a fucked up noies and I think its the bump stop. I am going to have a guy cut them all and hopefully that works. Ill post about it later and tell you how it went.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

ughhheadAug-05-03 08:30 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#19302, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 5

ok so the biggest reason for cutting bump stops is simply so you have more suspension travel and you don't bottom out as frequently? i just installed my goldline 2" lowering springs, tokico blues and camber kits yesterday... not cutting bump stops won't affect your ride height will it?

Eagle 5Aug-05-03 08:35 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#19303, "RE: bump stops?"
In response to Reply # 6

i have sprint 2" drop springs and tokico adjustable shocks...i cut about 20mm or so off the front bump stops only. the big fat part is still there just its thin and most of the fat part was cut off...my only problem is my tires like to hit the fender on sharp big bumps... but its not a big problem. i dont have problems with bumpstops hitting but i also did not have the problem wither with my old tires on. they still did not hit the bumpstops

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19161 Previous topic | Next topic