Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16379
View in threaded mode

Subject: "eibach pro kit + tokico blues? Also bushings and camber kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
develitateMar-13-03 08:05 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16379, "eibach pro kit + tokico blues? Also bushings and camber kit?"

Im buying some new suspension components for my 2gnt and was thinking of going with an Eibach pro kit and Tokico blue shocks. Does anyone have this setup? What do you guys think? also im having a problem with my stock suspension. Everytime I drive over a large bump, or pull in my driveway I hear a rattling noise coming from my front passenger side. Its hard to describe, but it sounds like that rim is going to fall off. I took it to the mitsu dealership and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it and that new bushings might fix it. Any ideas? Also am I going to need a camber kit with a my new springs and shocks? My summer rims are konig monsoon 17X8 if that makes any difference.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ezMar-13-03 09:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16380, "RE: eibach pro kit + tokico blues? Also bushings and camber kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

that's a good combo IMO. since you're new here, do you know about the ball joint recall for ALL 2gnt's? have you done that? if you haven't, that may be what's causing the noise. it's dangerous and the dealership should take care of it for free. have it fixed before you lower - otherwise it will be a PITA to get them to fix your ball joints - b/c they will throw it at you saying stupid things like it's a result of the new springs, etc... it's a pain to even get the recall done when you're car is stock.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SonicYanMar-13-03 01:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#16390, "RE: eibach pro kit + tokico blues? Also bushings and camber kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey, I have the exact combo that you're talking about. Prokits and tokico blues. Yup, they're pretty good. Good handling and a decent drop. Well, I have camber kits for both the front and back because of the 18s, plus the fact that I had sportlines b4, which were lower. Yeah, go for camber kits. Shop around for those on ebay cuz there are some over there that are pretty cheap. I got my rear ones from NAPA (included by sd_eclipse when I got the springs and struts from him used ). I think they're around 40 bux, from what I remember. Then I got my front camber kit from RRE (Road Race Engineering) . Its 130 I believe or somewhere around there. Its specifically built for the height of the prokits, so I think ur set. When I had my alignment done tho, I was kinda off. But so far, my tire wear seems to be pretty even, except for some wear in the insides. Not that bad tho compared to those who have extreme negative camber. Hopefully that helps.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

techboyMar-13-03 06:49 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#16393, "RE: eibach pro kit + tokico blues? Also bushings and camber kit?"
In response to Reply # 2

I have a set of tokico blues and Eibach prokits sitting in my basement ready to be installed, but I'm hung up on the camber kit thing too. I was thinking about getting the Ingall kits from GMP Performance, but I'm not sure which kit to get (they offer different ranges) and I'm not sure which bushings to get. I hear certain ones squeak. I have a current on this topic too, but I'm not getting many responses. Kinda lost when it comes to suspension stuff - I'm more an engine guy.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16379 Previous topic | Next topic