Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15436
View in threaded mode

Subject: "cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??" Previous topic | Next topic
EcLIpsInEmCEe7Feb-02-03 07:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15436, "cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??"
Feb-02-03 07:57 PM by EcLIpsInEmCEe7

ive taken my car to my mechanic to get the front camber fixed but the two kits they tried would not work because they were hittin the top of the strut tower and makin a fat clunkin noise whenever i hit a sppedbump or whatnot. they tried ingalls and suspension specialties(?) and they didnt work. what gives? my front camber is off -2.5 degrees on both sides. anyone know of any other camber kits? im on suspension technique springs and illuminas. bout 2" drop in the front if that helps. thanx.

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DirtyFeb-03-03 12:17 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15441, "RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??"
In response to Reply # 0

That same shit is happening to me right now. I have the Specialty Products kit now and I just ordered the Ingall's kit 10 min. ago. I hope I didn't just waste another $150. This fucking sucks! Although now I know I'm not the only one.

What degree kits did they try?
I have H&R Sports with Tokico Blues. Anybody out there with the same setup as us please help us out.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

shuwa29Feb-03-03 01:21 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#15442, "RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??"
In response to Reply # 1

i'm on sprint springs about 2-2.25 inch drop with stock struts and 18's and when i get my car alligned, i always check the camber they guys always tell me and shows me the chart showing that mine is within specs. positive tow will make up for negative camber and b/c of that, i'm a lucky bastard. i have a sprint front camber kit that i almost sold to dirty. i think he still knows what they look like so if anybody needs a front camber kit, let me know.
here is what i have:

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

TeamXtremeRSFeb-03-03 04:01 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15445, "RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??"
In response to Reply # 2

damn, your camber is out -2.5 in the front? Thats a lot for a 2" front drop. I also have the H&R sports springs, which lowerd me about 2" in the front. I got the ingalls front camber kits that correct from +1.25- 3 degrees. I have them set at +1.25, their most negative setting, and my front camber specs are almost perfectly in spec. If you move the camber kits outward any more positive, you run the risk of the upper control arm hitting the inner fenderwell. Luckily, my camber is perfect with them set at +1.25 setting.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Feb-03-03 07:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#15448, "RE: cant find a front camber kit that works with my car...wtf??"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-03-03 07:31 PM by EcLIpsInEmCEe7

>If you move the camber kits outward any more positive, you run the risk of the upper control arm hitting the >inner fenderwell. Luckily, my camber is perfect with them set at +1.25 setting.

thats what i was tryin to say but didnt know how. when they had the ingalls on, the put the camber to zero. would not puttin it at that setting help? like havin it 1.25 like yours??

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15436 Previous topic | Next topic