Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1448
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MAP sensor/lean issues" Previous topic | Next topic
rs-pssstOct-08-05 08:42 PM
Member since Nov 13th 2004
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1448, "MAP sensor/lean issues"
Oct-08-05 08:46 PM by rs-pssst

I just finished building my first MS. All functions check out on the stimulator. This car has had MS installed, but it was built for me the first time.

I am having an issue that I think is map sensor related and I am wondering if anyone has some insight as to were i should look for the problem.

I am using the onboard 3-bar map sensor with the bulkhead fitting on the M.S. case (model 6300?). I have the correct values in megatune for the corrrection factors (28%).

Whenever I go into boost, my afr goes waaaay lean -like its almost hitting a brick wall -the ego tries to compensate, but it can't add enough. Basically i can boost to 0-1psi safely.

In MSlvv, The output graph shows that is getting datalogged values of 100-125+kpa -so I know it sees the higher pressure, but what gives? I thought I sent everything over from the last MS install.

Also, what mods do you do to the ini files for the usb adaptor?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
extreme97ntOct-09-05 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1449, "RE: MAP sensor/lean issues"
In response to Reply # 0

is your ini file set to the correct map sensor? the one that comes with the kit is a 255kpa sensor.

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
www.cnnmotorsports.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rs-pssstOct-09-05 09:24 AM
158 posts,
#1450, "RE: MAP sensor/lean issues"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes it is. In megatune i see correct values for the map sensor. I am testing the MS on the stimulator -how do I check that the neon config is working right?

To test the rpm signal, I just switched the codebase distibutor pulldown to MSnS and the RPMs show up, but what is interesting is that dutycycle1 and dutycycle2 are not the same, acutally dutycycle1 is half of dutycycle2.

and dutycycle2 will go above 200% at 270kpa and 8k rpm. These are 72lb/hr injectors on the 16g... no way that they would be maxed out.

Teamner947Oct-09-05 06:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1452, "RE: MAP sensor/lean issues"
In response to Reply # 2

Dutycycle2 doesn't mean anything, I think it has something to do with dual tables.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

rs-pssstOct-10-05 04:35 AM
158 posts,
#1454, "RE: MAP sensor/lean issues"
In response to Reply # 3

and now my shit is idling horribly rich. no matter how much i lean it out, it still idles like crap -can't even drive it. WTF is going on -I have not changed any settings.

Does anything seem fucked up in my .msq file(ver s9)?

http://whorebeans.mine.nu/media/OtherStuff/wtf.msq

I am wondering if it is an injector problem?

Teamner947Oct-10-05 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1455, "RE: MAP sensor/lean issues"
In response to Reply # 4

Your PWM current limit is pretty high. You are running low impedence injectors, right? If you have the 3.0 board or the 2.2 with a flyback board that number should be somewhere between 30 and 50. I run 45 I think.

In the EGO control you have wideband selected... What kind of wideband do you have? The EGO switch point is usually 2.5 or 2.85 volts.

You have it set to 75% authority... That's a crapload of authority, you shouldn't be using more than 20% at the very most.

In Open Loop Mode, you have it set so that if you go over 80 kPa it will no longer use EGO correction.

Heh... I like your spark table, looks familiar

Are you using spark? If you are, the minimal for HEI4 only works when you are actually using a HEI4 module. Otherwise you have to use dwell control.

And your barometric correction boundries are really large. It should be like 90-105. If you drive to a location on the Earth somewhere outside of these boundries I would be impressed.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

rs-pssstOct-16-05 06:51 PM
158 posts,
#1465, "RE: MAP sensor/lean issues"
In response to Reply # 5

Hey thanks for the chance to look at the file.

I am running the lc-1 WDO2 and not using the flyback board, but am using low imp injectors.

As a follow up, this problem had to do with some of the circuity in the board and not a settings problem. I have to troubleshoot this board -making sure i didn't miss-solder anything.

I have an extra MS and now she's up and running and going to hit the dyno on this sat or next or both

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1448 Previous topic | Next topic