Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1174
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...." Previous topic | Next topic
tim97rsAug-15-05 07:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1174, "MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
Aug-15-05 07:46 AM by tim97rs

all i want is essentialy a unit to run my 8-inj set-up WITH intake temp control. i do not want to use the full stand-alone capabilities of the MS, i just want primary and secondary injector control with air temp corrections being able to be made automaticly.

can this be done? if so, do i get the MS and just wire up the injecter dirvers and intake temp sensor and leave all the other stuff alone?
or is there an alternaitve to gettin the whole MS shebang, and still accomplish my needs?
here is a link to my origional post on this, FYi:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=696&mesg_id=696&page=2

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-15-05 08:52 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1175, "RE: MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
In response to Reply # 0

Tim you can do exactly this. It is very possible and has been done and dicussed on msefi.com. You will need to install the intake and coolant temp sensor for accurate results.

You will need to setup all the constants as you normally would but the changes will be in the VE map. you basically only want the MS to start adding fuel at the 101KPA value. all the map/RPM values below that will need to be changed to a value of 1 if i recall. if you put in 0 the injectors will still add fuel for some reason. This was the problem discussed on MSEFI because another member was getting a way to rich condition. Looks for the posts on MSEFI for confirmation. If you cant find them let me know.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tim97rsAug-15-05 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#1176, "RE: MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
In response to Reply # 1

thanks. but aren't we sequential injection: 1&3 then 2&4?
with the MS, don't i have to use one injector driver for primaries and the other for secondaries?
if so, what would firing all 4 primaries do when only 2 cylinders are open for fuel...?
or am i all bass ackwards?

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-16-05 06:02 AM
8331 posts,
#1178, "RE: MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
In response to Reply # 2

Ok i misunderstood you. i thought you wanted the factory ECU to run the primaries. You can set up the MS to run the primaries and the secondaries as well. There is a menu in Megatune for staged injection with will do exactly this. We dont have sequential injection, we have batchfire. As far as all 4 injectors firing at the same time, its all on how you tune the MS.

Terry

Teamner947Aug-16-05 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1180, "RE: MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
In response to Reply # 3

Firing all 4 at the same time will still work fine, but it will be slightly more difficult to tune at low load conditions (like at low RPM's, idle, etc...)

Depending on where you get inspected, you will have a tougher time passing emissions.

Don't worry about spraying fuel on a closed valve, even factory style full sequential setups do this above a certian RPM/load, although firing all injectors at the same time will fire much more fuel on a closed valve than a true sequential setup. Example: people with a MS hooked to a V8, they are firing 4 injectors at the same time and there are many well tuned setups like that out there.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

tim97rsAug-16-05 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#1182, "RE: MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-16-05 12:06 PM by tim97rs

no, im sorry. i said that all wrong, i want the factory ECU to run the stockers just as if i never had boost. i then want the MS (or whatever) to work only the secondaries when in boost and to have temp correction (unlike the 034efi)....

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-16-05 12:28 PM
8331 posts,
#1183, "RE: MS guru's... throw me a freakin' bone...."
In response to Reply # 5

Yes my first post was an explanation based on that. you can do that just fine tim. you will use both injector drivers for the secondaries only.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1174 Previous topic | Next topic