Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1208
View in threaded mode

Subject: "competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate" Previous topic | Next topic
xceler8Sep-15-05 02:43 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1208, "competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"

Gredy has a new e manage. The e manage Ultimate. www.greddy.com From what I can see, other than it has a lot more to it than the first one, it also looks like that we could actualy control ignition unlike the first one. It says that you can control both ignition and injector on an individual and group firing. This means that it will work on our 420A? If so, then I'll sell my current one and get the ultimate rather than getting the MS.

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-27-05 06:13 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1209, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 0

The Emanage will never be considered competition to the MS. The Emanage is a piggyback unit and the MS is a standalone. There is a big difference.

Emanage = SAFC and MSD ignition in one unit, factory ECU must be installed to run

Megasquirt = Standalone with few mods your factory ECU is not needed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xceler8Aug-27-05 06:26 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
#1210, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 0

The MS is far from standalone. I agree with you, standalone does completely replace the factory ecu,still without the factory ecu the car wont work with the MS alone. Anyways, that wasn't my main point, I more was bringing up the fact that greddy has re-done the emanage and it might better suit our cars now. I was seeing if other people saw the same thing I did and if it would work on ignition control.

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-27-05 09:51 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1211, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 2

Um you need to read more on what the MS is and what it does. There are members here running it as a standalone, buddy. The MS will run timing, fuel, fans, fuel pump. Alternator citcutry has been worked without the factory ecu. AEM and Accel DFI just have more bells and whistles than the MS. At least do some research before you spread infectious BS.

And on top of my points above, learn to post in the right section!

Your point in the topic was "competition to megasquirt"

96rs-tAug-27-05 10:30 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#1212, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 3

not to mention MS is hundreds of dollars less

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Ducking_FumbassAug-30-05 03:26 AM
Member since Aug 30th 2004
1147 posts,
#1215, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-30-05 03:27 AM by dougie2

If you know what the Megasquirt is capable of, especially on a 420a, how can you say that something else is comparable? The Ultimate can't read the crank trigger for an RPM signal, it needs to use the ECU to determine the engine RPM.

It's not a bad unit, I just can't figure out what it has that the MS does not.

BlizareAug-28-05 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1220, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 2

MS is awesome AND cheap.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

youkickedmydogAug-30-05 03:26 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#1226, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-30-05 03:28 AM by dougie2

...from what I read the mega squrt is phonomal. From what I read about the greddy tho... its like the safc. It works on our cars... but its not ment for it. It can be a really good tuning tool but but going mega squrt is proly a better idea. Although thats how I feel, but if you want to try it go get it and prove us all wrong. I mean that in a positive way not in a smart ass way.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

Teamner947Aug-28-05 08:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1228, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Blizare
MS is awesome AND cheap.

And it's entirely open source, hardware and software. That means that if you don't like something, you have the option of doing your homework and fixing it yourself instead of having to deal with GReddy.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

BlizareAug-29-05 12:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1235, "RE: competition to megasquirt?? Greddy Ultimate"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by ner947
Originally posted by Blizare MS is awesome AND cheap.
And it's entirely open source, hardware and software. That means that if you don't like something, you have the option of doing your homework and fixing it yourself instead of having to deal with GReddy.

damn straight.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1208 Previous topic | Next topic