Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1261
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MS NA->Turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Sep-02-05 05:55 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1261, "MS NA->Turbo"

I'm gonna be using the MS once i'm turbo. However i'm installing my fuel system before the turbo and everything else. Should i hold off on installing the MS until the turbo is actually on? If i get the tables an stuff setup while i'm NA am i gonna hafta setup everything again when i slap the turbo on? I know the MS has a boost sensor...

I'm also probably gonna bet getting an AEM UEGO WB02 so i'll have the MS tapped getting some nice A/F info as well...

Just tryna figure out the order to install everything

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Ready4DisSep-04-05 02:01 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2004
48 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1263, "RE: MS NA->Turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

Install it first. Once you install the turbo, you will only have to make slight modifications to your table due to a SLIGHT decrease in VE (the turbo restricts intake/exhaust while it's not boosting), but will run relatively good still. The megasquirt will just start picking up boost and know what to do with it, no reason to wait, and I recommend getting all the kinks with the megasquirt worked out BEFORE your boosted and able to really kill the motor fast .

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MCubed45Sep-05-05 01:34 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#1267, "RE: MS NA->Turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

cool cool thanks

i havne't done enough reading on the MS forums so i wasn't sure how well the MS reacts to boost if it's been programmed while NA. does anyone have NA maps with stock injectors? 12x12 would be great but idk how many people are on the v3.0 boards yet

-marc

Teamner947Sep-05-05 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#1268, "RE: MS NA->Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-05-05 03:57 PM by ner947

A VE table for stock cams and no turbo will look a lot like a turbo one below 100 kPa. Here's my latest one:

Definately put the MS on before you turbo, if you can. It's harder to mess up your engine with no turbo.

BTW I'm using the 3.0 board these days. There shouldn't be any difference if you took the same MSQ and ran it on a 2.2 board and then on a 3.0 board. Of course, my setup is weird and when I installed the 3.0 board everything leaned out a LOT. It made tuning the 780's a lot easier though, before with my 2.2 board I couldn't lean them out enough.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1261 Previous topic | Next topic