Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1221
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
Ready4DisAug-28-05 11:23 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2004
48 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1221, "Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"

Anyone that drives a '95 thinking about installing a megasquirt be careful, because all the wiring diagrams i have (chiltons) and have found online (95 NT PCM Pinout) are completely incorrect. I just spent few hours tracing wires and doing continuity checks from sensors to the PCM pins to verify each connection that I was tapping, but finally have my megasquirt reading all required sensor data. When I complete my installation, I will do a write-up on the pin # and wire color, since both seemed to be incorrect in almost all cases, but the good news is I have all the inputs coming in correctly now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
BOOSTED ECLIPSEAug-28-05 01:58 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1224, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 0

The info for the pin out on the 95's and other years are here on this site. http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=64

I have installed the MSnS on my 95, so if you have any questions let me know and I will try to help you out.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-28-05 02:55 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1225, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 1

That diagram is from a chilton isnt it? Dino and I discussed this a while back and noticed the schematics in the entire manual have details wrong with them. never go by chilton diagrams period!

Terry

Ready4DisAug-28-05 10:50 PM
48 posts,
#1231, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 1

The link you provided has the exact same incorrect wiring . Example, pin 14 on my car definetly is NOT a black/white wire and does not have any voltage coming out of it while the ignition is turned to run. Like I said, all references I've found have been incorrect. Thank you for trying though.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-29-05 06:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1232, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-29-05 06:28 AM by DarkOne

Then your car is different, because those are perfectly correct on *MY* 95.

I've always said, go by color, because the pinouts are almost always wrong in all cases for all 2gnts, but the colors are always the same.

TPS signal is always brown / red stripe
ECU power is always back / white stripe.
Fuel pump is always white / red stripe
tach is always solid white
CrPS is always blue / white
etc, etc, etc.

If the colors were completely wrong and our diagrams were completely wrong, why is it that no one has noticed except you?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Ready4DisAug-29-05 10:33 AM
48 posts,
#1234, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DarkOne
Then your car is different, because those are perfectly correct on *MY* 95. I've always said, go by color, because the pinouts are almost always wrong in all cases for all 2gnts, but the colors are always the same. TPS signal is always brown / red stripe ECU power is always back / white stripe. Fuel pump is always white / red stripe tach is always solid white CrPS is always blue / white etc, etc, etc. If the colors were completely wrong and our diagrams were completely wrong, why is it that no one has noticed except you?

That is weird, but the colors were also wrong, so no good. I wonder why mine is different and yours isn't... it's the 60 pin connector, and i've got a '95 eagle talon 420a . Colors were right on about 2 of the 6-7 wires I connected, and the pins were not correct once.

ModeratorCorbinAug-30-05 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1238, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 5

Yep, you've got a freak car. Those pin-outs are dead on for my '95 Eagle Talon ESI. If you compile a complete list of all 60 pins with base wire color and stripes, I can add it to our information.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
Now with more power and fewer leaks

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

RxR_EclipseAug-30-05 09:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
#1239, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 6
Aug-30-05 09:55 AM by RxR_Eclipse

Im also running squirt on my 95. I ignored the pin out entirely and went by color alone. Works like a charm for all except the FP relay, for that I have the rewire done and went straight to it by passing the factory relay entirely. If you have any problems you can contact me.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Ready4DisAug-30-05 10:42 AM
48 posts,
#1240, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Corbin
Yep, you've got a freak car. Those pin-outs are dead on for my '95 Eagle Talon ESI. If you compile a complete list of all 60 pins with base wire color and stripes, I can add it to our information.

Alright, will do. I will compile a list of as many pins as I can, but I really don't feel like tracing pins that I don't need to use . I will however let you know all the pins and colors that I used for my megasquirt installation.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-08-05 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1278, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Ready4Dis
Originally posted by Corbin Yep, you've got a freak car. Those pin-outs are dead on for my '95 Eagle Talon ESI. If you compile a complete list of all 60 pins with base wire color and stripes, I can add it to our information.
Alright, will do. I will compile a list of as many pins as I can, but I really don't feel like tracing pins that I don't need to use . I will however let you know all the pins and colors that I used for my megasquirt installation.

If you have an early 95 ATX, then most of the colors may be different and the pinouts will be completely wrong. I have one sitting here and it uses perhaps 1/3 of the pins in the 60-pin connector, whereas most later 95's use more than half. The early 95's are a strange lot.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

WickedESiSep-08-05 11:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#1279, "RE: Megasquirt woes (95 PCM pinouts)"
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-08-05 11:22 AM by WickedESi

You have an early '95 model ecu (2gnt's manufactured before may '95 I believe, I think the ecu has a '94 manufacture date on it).

I have pinouts for this. Email me (edit: baldrjo@auburn.edu), and I'll reply back w/ them attached.

Dino, do you want to host them, or do you think it would cause too much confusion.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1221 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic