Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1149
View in threaded mode

Subject: "need 420a engine management" Previous topic | Next topic
ESI2TSIAug-09-05 02:48 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2003
12 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1149, "need 420a engine management"

All im reading are megasqiurt post. I looked it up and it looks complicated. Keep in mind im a NEWB with 420a's. Im used to apexi fuel controler and MSD's ignition box, or hondata. Are these things not a good way to go? I just start my turbo bastard mix and the next buy will be something along those lines, MS seems very complicated and time consuming. It seems you have to make your own maps. Im also not sure im reading all that correctly. !!!WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS!!! My head hurts from reading. Obviously i want the best thing for me, but i want to insure it is a little complicated as possible. Any help would be nice.
wade

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
ezAug-09-05 05:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1150, "RE: need 420a engine management"
In response to Reply # 0

my advice - Keep reading. my head hurts too, but it's good for you. If you are going to do any kind of "engine management," honestly you should really read up on all the details. MS is far from plug and play, but if you have questions the MS forum is always there.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tim97rsAug-09-05 06:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#1151, "RE: need 420a engine management"
In response to Reply # 1

8-inj set-up using the 034EFI is a good beginners option... not to complicated.

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-10-05 05:37 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#1154, "RE: need 420a engine management"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by tim97rs
8-inj set-up using the 034EFI is a good beginners option... not to complicated.

That will be the easiest route and then when you are comfortable with it upgrade to megasquirt. If megasquirt looks complicated then you are not ready for ANY standalone.

Terry

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1149 Previous topic | Next topic