Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #938
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ms 2" Previous topic | Next topic
donnyb373Jun-05-05 07:26 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#938, "ms 2"

i dont know if anyone has seen this yet but..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&rd=1&item=7977596901&category=33553&sspagename=WDVW

may be a repost but i am bored at work just lurking the internet

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
CrazyEclipseJun-06-05 07:10 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#939, "RE: ms 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Dosnt belong on advanced tuning sir....
nevertheless, I'm jealous. I want it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, and I neeed it baaaaaaaaaaaaaader.

/sigh i got the googley eyes now

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJun-06-05 07:45 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#940, "RE: ms 2"
In response to Reply # 1

Crazy, do you even know what the ms 2 is? Its only the little daughter card in place of the ECU, its not the entire megasquirt.

Teamner947Jun-06-05 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#941, "RE: ms 2"
In response to Reply # 2

The standard MS complete unit from that seller is $270, so you're paying $130+ for the MS2 board, which is a rip off. When they are "in stock" again they will be $72 from B&G. If you want a system that hasn't been developed enough yet software wise and want to pay this guy an extra 80%+ over what it roughly should cost then go for it.

However, if you're a developer wanting to get a head start, then I guess it may be worth it, because at $130+ it would be slightly cheaper than routing, printing, and assembling an equivalent copy-cat board.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

CrazyEclipseJun-06-05 02:36 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#943, "RE: ms 2"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Crazy, do you even know what the ms 2 is? Its only the little daughter card in place of the ECU, its not the entire megasquirt.

no shit eh? maybe i'll be more specific next time i comment. mmmk?

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

TeametxJun-08-05 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#950, "RE: ms 2"
In response to Reply # 4

Well Lee has tested the MS2 and it's far from being anything most people on the forum would want. First off, it doesn't have the ability to connect to the stock crank sensor on the 420a. It does have a cool meathod of reading wheels that is adaptable to different cars without editing the code. CAN support for the MS2 is in the works also, which is very exciting. The best part about it is the new CPU it uses has a freely available ansi C compiler, so I can actually write code for it. Unlike the MS, it does not so you have to use asm and I'm lazy.

So stick with the MS if you actually want to drive your car.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #938 Previous topic | Next topic