Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3031
View in threaded mode

Subject: "aem uego with ms" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
xceler8Feb-28-07 02:20 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3031, "aem uego with ms"

Yo, so I figured out why I'm running so rich right now, I can't get the ms to work with my aem eugo for ego control. I'm trying to tune fuel with just the ve map right now. Has anyone made a custom ini file for the aem eugo since it's not linear and it's analog output. I can't say I really know what I'm doing there. I did some searching on msefi.com and couldn't find any numbers to use. I would prefer to get it to read in afr on my afr map rather than volts.

If anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
xceler8Feb-28-07 02:59 PM
269 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3032, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh yeah,I'm still having issues getting my ms to communicate to my laptop. I'm using a prolific usb to serial adapter and I have all the divers installed. I was reading that the newest firmware will work, but I am having no luck. Anyone know something I dont? I can get all the readings off the ms on my laptop, but I can't send info to it.

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-01-07 08:35 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3033, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 1

I have a belkin adapter from Tiger direct and it can load code ect with no issues.

As for the AEM uego, you should be able to use a linear output. ExtremeRS uses that wideband with no issues.

Terry

xceler8Mar-01-07 09:44 PM
269 posts,
#3037, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks again Terry.

I'm still working out the glitches on the wideband. I know now why the mt doesn't open with the wideband setting to the aem ones, there not even in the mt ini file for the widebands. You can select them on the car.ini, but there not even listed in mt settings.

Most of the reading on msefi I was doing pointed me int he direction of using the linear plot for a 0-5v similar to the lci 5v. I downloaded the calibration chart for the aem and it looks pretty linear too for one of the settings. The eugo gauge has a switch on the inside that you can set it for like 4 different calibrations.

As far as the Prolific adapter, a lot of the guys were using them, I read up and I guess I need to load the latest version of the driver. I think I tracked it down and loaded it, but the snow here in WA has stopped me from trying the car.

Sucks, I really want to drive it. I drove it a little for a couple errands on Monday and it was running extremely rich. My mpas were all out of whack cause they got screwed and I couldn't sync it back to my laptop. I need to fix it soon cause this thing is going to be my daily driver soon.
Hey terry if I get it running decent, would you be interested in looking at a datalog for my car? PM me if you would be to give me some pointers.

Thanks-

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-11-07 02:04 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#3043, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 3

This is what i have and it works great

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1086963&CatId=447

Yes I can look at your datalogs

TeamXtremeRSMar-15-07 12:13 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#3044, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 4

Any of the newer MS code should include the AEM wideband setting, its linear, 0-5v 10-20 afr. If you dont have that setting, use Innovative linear 0-5v setting. I've used that before and it works fine. Make SURE you are using that setting for your car project file, not a different one. I always name my own car project file, and never use the "car1" file. I do have only one issue with the AEM UEGO, and that is the wideband output voltage from the UEGO main unit, does not match the displayed A/F ratio. It's off by half a volt or so. I know the display is accurate, because it was always reading around 14.7:1 when the stock ECU was controlling fuel. For some reason, the output on the white wire from the UEGO doesnt match the display. I just compensate for this by using a higher than normal o2 closed loop voltage, in order to keep my closed loop A/F close to 14.7:1. I dont know if all UEGO widebands do this, but mine does..I wont be going with another AEM wideband..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

AggressionMar-19-07 12:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#3048, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 5

I have the innovate LC-1 WB right now and just purchased the AEM EUGO WB w/gauge so I could monitor my WB A/F ratios while on the fly...having the laptop open all the time gets annoying.

I've noticed in my configurator I have a setting for the AEM EUGO just as I did with my LC-1.

I should have read this before purchasing I suppose.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

AggressionMar-26-07 04:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#3082, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-26-07 04:30 AM by Aggression

OK well I just installed my AEM UEGO controller WB/Gauge and the gauge works great. I went into the configurator and there are 2 settings for the AEM...there is a AEM Gauge which is Linear...and a AEM UEGO Controller setting which is Non-Linear. I used the AEM UEGO setting first and the MS A/F reading and the Gauge were way off from one another. I then switched to the AEM Gauge setting in the config and its a stop on match.

Now this is where it starts to get weird. I then went into my EGO setting to change the switchpoint for the WB and it has a static setting of 2.332 and will not allow you to alter that setting. Unlike the LC-1 I had. Also I am not sure why, but now my car just stalls out after running for a couple mins without any reason now.

I had this symptom of the car stalling out after a few minutes before, but that was due to the old firmware I was running 029t. Might have been the software or might have been a bad flash...not 100% sure. I then upgraded to 29v which I've been running with no issues. Now that I installed the AEM UEGO its starting to stall out now. Not sure if its related or what...so I just reflashed the 29v version again just to make sure nothing quarky was going on version firmware wise. Still stalling out so the firmware is now ruled out.

The only other settings I messed with is the Target A/F bins in MORE SETTINGS as well as turning the overide for fuel cut to off until I get some other things worked out.

Any ideas on why it may be doing this and what to look at/for?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

TeamXtremeRSMar-26-07 07:47 AM
6329 posts,
#3083, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 7

Your gauge should be a linear gauge. I think you have the non linear selected in the MS software. The readings dont match, most likely because of the ground offset issue i described above. Try this- Unplug your o2 sensor from it's harness, turn the ignition key to on, and use a multimeter to measure the output voltage from the UEGO unit on the output wire(disconnect it from the MS input as well). The main display should read 14.7, and the voltage should be VERY close to 2.5 volts. If not ,then you have the same issue i have lol..

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

AggressionMar-26-07 09:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#3084, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 8

I had non linear selected in MS, but I changed it in MS so now MS and the gauge read the same which your right is Linear!

My problem is my car keeps stalling for no reason now. It will idle for a bit then stall. If you read my previous post I went into detail on the issue.

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi

TeamXtremeRSMar-27-07 10:10 AM
6329 posts,
#3085, "RE: aem uego with ms"
In response to Reply # 9

When is it stalling? Cruise, acell, boost, idle, ect...If it does it all the time and it's predictable, do a datalog of the problem. That will help out. Also for now, dont use the A/F target bins, until you have the fueling dialed in almost perfectly. This goes for normal engine conditions, and boost.. One more thing to check out- while its running at idle, go into the realtime display and look at the throttle %value. It shoud NOT be fluctuating witout touching the gas pedal. If it is, it may be triggering accel enrichement, which could stall the engine. I get a bit of noise on my TPS signal, so you have to set the TPSdot v/s threshold high enough to ignore some of this "noise". I thik mine was in the 1.3 to 1.6 v/s range. Just go up in small increments until there is no more blips on the realtime %scale.

fuel injection)

-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3031 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic