Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3647
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Quick portfueler opinion needed!" Previous topic | Next topic
fresh95Mar-10-08 10:48 AM
Member since Sep 18th 2007
85 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3647, "Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
Mar-10-08 10:50 AM by fresh95

So heres the deal. I just bought a built block (unassembled),
and I am using the s-fmu for tuning (well if I can even call it that).
I am running the treadstone kit (T3 super 60), with an oem evo fmic, and accel 310cc injectors. I feel like the s-fmu just isn't gonna cut it for the other supporting mods I already have. I found someone with a portfueler setup which includes "Portfueler with 550cc injectors, the fuel rail, fuel plate, and the ecu for the system" I know nothing about the system, in fact, I haven't fully mastered my s-fmu yet. I might be able to pick it up for like $250-$300. What else would I need to run the hahn setup? I'm guessing I would need to ditch the accel's and return to stockies. If I were to buy it, would hahn be glad to help me tune with it even though I did not purchace it from them.

All I need is your opinion, because I know I can trust you guys.
2gnt has been a big help with my turbo project, and although I don't post that much, I search here every day.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
djtrickeeMar-11-08 09:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3651, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 0

If it is a complete kit then it is totally worth the price. If it doesnt include the injector plate, or the portfueler electronic module, then it might not be worth it.
Considering you didn't buy it directly from them, I seriously doubt they will help you tune it. Buy replacement parts from them, sure, but waste their time to tune your car, no.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slammed420AMar-11-08 11:25 AM
Member since Dec 11th 2006
114 posts,
#3652, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by fresh95
So heres the deal. I just bought a built block (unassembled), and I am using the s-fmu for tuning (well if I can even call it that). I am running the treadstone kit (T3 super 60), with an oem evo fmic, and accel 310cc injectors. I feel like the s-fmu just isn't gonna cut it for the other supporting mods I already have. I found someone with a portfueler setup which includes "Portfueler with 550cc injectors, the fuel rail, fuel plate, and the ecu for the system" I know nothing about the system, in fact, I haven't fully mastered my s-fmu yet. I might be able to pick it up for like $250-$300. What else would I need to run the hahn setup? I'm guessing I would need to ditch the accel's and return to stockies. If I were to buy it, would hahn be glad to help me tune with it even though I did not purchace it from them. All I need is your opinion, because I know I can trust you guys. 2gnt has been a big help with my turbo project, and although I don't post that much, I search here every day. Thanks in advance, Mike.

If you end up picking this up, i could help you tune a little bit by sending you a base map. it is rought, cause i'm still tuning it, but it will be boost safe.

98 GS
Super 17c Turbo, Portfueler, Je pistons, Eagle rods, Etc.

JungyMar-11-08 04:20 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2005
164 posts,
#3653, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 2

the complete portfueler kit comes with:
1:1 adjustable fpr
injector plate
fuelrail
injectors
fuel lines
split-second brand injector controller
the split second tuning software was available for additional money

If all that is included in the purchase price your getting a steal of a deal! I sold my complete portfueler set-up + tuning software for $650 a year ago.

96' eclipse gs, 2gb conversion
built bottom end, crane #16 cams, hx40 pro billet, MS1 v3 MSn'S-E, 3.55 trans, quaife lsd

fresh95Mar-12-08 01:39 AM
85 posts,
#3654, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks guys, that is what I am looking for.

fresh95Mar-25-08 01:02 PM
85 posts,
#3675, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 4

Alright, heres the deal. I picked up the Portfueler used for $250 shipped. I got the injector plate, 550cc injectors, fuel rail and lines, and the injector controller. I still need a 1:1 fpr, the mounting studs, and the tuning software. Can I just go to the hardware store and buy longer bolts to mount the intake manifold. Also, I know the basemap is rich as hell, but if I'm breaking in my engine, that would be a good thing, right? I heard that when you get the "stage five" tuning from hahn, they supposidly taylor your system according to your setup. Would this affect anything if my turbo is different from the previous owners. Please help me get this stuff squared away so I don't have to worry about wrecking something. Thanks, Mike.

Slammed420AMar-26-08 04:51 AM
Member since Dec 11th 2006
114 posts,
#3676, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 5

The Hahn Basemap will be rich as hell. You will definately need to get the software. i have the software, but i don't know if it will work for you since i've already loaded it to my computer. It should, but I don't want to break any Copyright laws. I can send you a map that i have been using if you like. Email me at baggedstang05@aol.com, or pm me here for more details.

98 GS
Super 17c Turbo, Portfueler, Je pistons, Eagle rods, Etc.

eclipset3t4Apr-06-08 08:00 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2008
8 posts,
#3690, "RE: Quick portfueler opinion needed!"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Slammed420A
The Hahn Basemap will be rich as hell. You will definately need to get the software. i have the software, but i don't know if it will work for you since i've already loaded it to my computer. It should, but I don't want to break any Copyright laws. I can send you a map that i have been using if you like. Email me at baggedstang05@aol.com, or pm me here for more details.

I'd like it if you could send me the map ur using. I've got the Hahn stage V setup too and I know it's rich but don't know exactly where to begin with the tuning. So i'd appreciate if you'd send me a copy of the map you're using. Thanks alot.

email is eclipset3t4@yahoo.com

thanks much!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3647 Previous topic | Next topic