Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3547
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gDec-30-07 06:51 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3547, "What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
Dec-30-07 07:12 PM by Slo2g

I was just wondering what some of your autotune settings were and what wideband you guys are using with what delay. I still have a problem with my afr jumping around like crazy and because of it autotune will take some fuel away but then add it right back and doesn't work for me. I also ask your wideband and delay setting because MLV doens't work for shit for me right now and was just wondering if I had the wrong setting in it or something?

http://www.2gnt.com/documents/12-19.msq

Here is my latest MSQ. Please take a look at it and let me know if you guys see anything out of wack in the settings or in the inni files. Remeber to open with MegaTune! Thanks!

Here is a shot from a log where you can see what I am talking about.
Yellow is AFR, Teal is TPS, Pink is RPM, Green is Battery Voltage, Red is MAP, White is Pulse Width, Blue is Coolant Temp, and Green on bottom is Duty Cycle.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-02-08 03:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3548, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 0

From looking at your MSQ, your target AF map is all wrong, and that's what AutoTune seeks to. Your step ize and adjustment amounts are probably too high as well. You want AutoTune to make small adjustments.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJan-02-08 06:56 PM
1074 posts,
#3549, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 1

Well I made the adjustments that you and I talked about Dino and its to no avail It did slow down how fast the GEGO was changing but it can be very lean then blip to a rich spot then it goes back to taking even more fuel out even though its already really lean making bad, worse. I moved the step to 32, I tried it at 64 but it was too slow. I really don't know why its doing it. I tried Vexme tonight after a log on the way home after I figuerd out autotune still wasn't working right, and it just mad a part of the table I don't even use rich as hell and didnt change where I normally tune at(cruising areas). I don't know I am open to more suggestions!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-03-08 02:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#3550, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 2

Where is your wideband located in the exhaust sysyem?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Slo2gJan-03-08 02:59 PM
1074 posts,
#3551, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 3

Wideband is about six in. from the cat. I was doing some manual tuning today and got it pretty good and decided to turn ego on and I'll be damned if it didnt start going crazy, afr started jumping around and acting crazy like it did before! What would cause EGO Correction to go so crazy like that?

justins71Jan-06-08 02:27 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#3554, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm runnin my WB about the same spot - and I've got my EGO settings at 35 ign pulses per step, 1%, 15% max.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

wickedtalonJan-06-08 03:50 PM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#3555, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 5

located at same spot here.

16 msec per step
controller step size 2%
authority 0%
active above 180F
active above 9000RPM

Not sure whats up w/ mine. Whats the difference between msec and ign pulse? And why would mine be set at active above 9000RPM? I havent changed anything. Do I need to change some settings?

/trying not to hijack thread. haha

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

justins71Jan-09-08 09:38 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#3564, "RE: What are you guys Wideband Delay and your Autotune settings?"
In response to Reply # 6

rundown on EGO: ignpulse vs. msec - rate of change for ego compensation. milliseconds (fixed throughout RPM), or ignition pulses (RPM, basically). controller step size is how much it'll adjust injection pulse per change, authority is how much it will allow it to change TOTAL. Active above: pretty self-explanitory. around 140/160 degrees is fine, and RPM is when you want it to kick in. I have mine at 500, between crank RPM and idle, that way it'll control idle mixture as well. Sometimes this is a pain, and many people have it around 1000/1200.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3547 Previous topic | Next topic