Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4072
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Emanage" Previous topic | Next topic
GGMallowSep-19-08 12:53 PM
Member since Mar 09th 2007
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4072, "Emanage"

I currently am trying to wire in the e-manage to my 99 Eclipse Ecu. And I have searched for wiring help and have looked at our pin out but I do not fully understand. According to the Emanage manual the harness has these wires.
White- Air flow input 1
Green - Air flow output
Brown - RPM Signal
Black - Ground
Red - 12v Power Source

Looking at our Ecu pin out on the main page, I have discovered that Black/White stripe is our Ecu main power and that my Emanage's Red wire should tap into there.

I also have figured out that Black is ground for my Ecu so that my Emanage's black wire must then go there.

The remaining wires is what I am confused about. The brown wire I thought may go in at the white wire which is our tach signal to HVAC ECU and Gauge cluster, but I was not positive.

That left me with the white and green. I know that White and Green obviously are related so the they must completely interrupt the wire circuit vs the others wires tap. I thought that these wires may go to the yellow/black wire which is the MAP sensor signal but again I was not positive.

So ultimately I am trying to figure out what wires these match up with on my ECU. I also have the optional injector harness to pin in. Can those just be inserted anywhere into that main harness plug or is there special locations of some sort?

I do not think many of you are using the Emanage, because I could not find much information on it with these cars. Thanks for any input, you guys may have.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
justins71Sep-20-08 06:36 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4073, "RE: Emanage"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-20-08 06:54 AM by justins71

Which version are you using? I know Blue works for some people, as it's a bit simpler. I used EM-Ultimate for a bit for fuel only, but couldn't get it to do spark. I heard of someone more recently who used external Mitsu coils, then did some run-around using those coils, then through Emanage, then blah blah blah... It won't do our ignition straight up because it uses internal ignitors and had the incorrect signal for the emanage to recognize. This was, of course, over a year ago and they may have updates by now (See http://www.mohdparts.com ) Most of us find it more cost-effective and versitle to run Megasquirt, as you prolly know/read.

From my manual, the White EM wire is MAP input, and the Green is MAP output, with (you're right) MAP signal wire is Yellow/Black. TPS tap is Grey, RPM tap is Brown (which I think is the wrong color in Chilton's, at least for a '95. I believe it's blue/white on the car, not yellow/white as per Chilton's. Also my VSS is three wire with the Black/green being the signal for Emanage.

As for the injectors, it doesn't really matter where you splice in. I did mine in that sort of open area by the transmission behind the fans. They get hooked up like the diagram, Emanage INJ1 in/out: Blue/Red, Blue/Grey, INJ2: Orange/Red, Orange/Grey, INJ3: Yellow/Red, Yellow/Grey, INJ4: Purple/Red, Purple/Grey. Stock harness INJ1: LightGrey/Blue, INJ2: Yellow/Red, INJ3: Yellow/Grey, INJ4: Light Grey/Red. You're going to get an Injector CEL when you do this, so hopefully you're not in an area with inspections. Mine is able to bypass with the injector emulator, but your ECU checks O2 reading based on INJ PW changes (Thanks Terry) so it pops the code out after an hour or so irregardless.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GGMallowSep-20-08 08:09 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2007
17 posts,
#4075, "RE: Emanage"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by justins71
Which version are you using? I know Blue works for some people, as it's a bit simpler.

Thank fully I am using blue. And I will only being using it for fuel delivery if it all.(Trying to sell for mega squirt) I bought this about 2 years ago actually, when I friend convinced me this is the easiest way to control fuel(damn him)

From my manual, the White EM wire is MAP input, and the Green is MAP output, with (you're right) MAP signal wire is Yellow/Black.

Wohoo

TPS tap is Grey, RPM tap is Brown (which I think is the wrong color in Chilton's, at least for a '95. I believe it's blue/white on the car, not yellow/white as per Chilton's.

So are you saying I tap Brown into Grey then or TPS(if my pinouts different)?

Also my VSS is three wire with the Black/green being the signal for Emanage.

Im confused by what you mean here, After those wires I have ran out of wires except for my injector harness.

As for the injectors, it doesn't really matter where you splice in. I did mine in that sort of open area by the transmission behind the fans.

I wasn't clear here I do not think, what I mean here is where the harness connects to the Emanage unit, where you must plug the harness actually into the Emanage. Can you just pin them in, in any slot?

They get hooked up like the diagram, Emanage INJ1 in/out: Blue/Red, Blue/Grey, INJ2: Orange/Red, Orange/Grey, INJ3: Yellow/Red, Yellow/Grey, INJ4: Purple/Red, Purple/Grey. Stock harness INJ1: LightGrey/Blue, INJ2: Yellow/Red, INJ3: Yellow/Grey, INJ4: Light Grey/Red. You're going to get an Injector CEL when you do this, so hopefully you're not in an area with inspections. Mine is able to bypass with the injector emulator, but your ECU checks O2 reading based on INJ PW changes (Thanks Terry) so it pops the code out after an hour or so irregardless.

I think I understand this part, its just a little bit easier. Thanks for the info.

justins71Sep-20-08 05:18 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#4076, "RE: Emanage"
In response to Reply # 2

Sorry, I was meaning the grey and brown are the TPS and RPM wire on the emanage harness. They correspond to the TPS brown/red, and RPM blue/white on stock harness. As for VSS, EMBlue may not have that, I'd have to check back on that, but it may have been an EMU update. As for the injector wires, did it come in a plug already, or were you meaning that it's just pins, and you have to set them in the plug? I've got some schematics somewhere for that, also (see if you don't have the manual). Hope this is a bit better! Been a few years since I was usin it, so a bit rusty here.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

SilvrEclipsSep-22-08 03:29 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#4078, "RE: Emanage"
In response to Reply # 3

I used to run emanage blue last year. Its actually a good system and was very easy to get a great tune on it. Much easier to tune than megasquirt is but like everyone said it will not control spark easier.

I build a circuit and allowed emanage to control spark and then used a mitsu ignitor to fire the coil packs. This system worked great at idle and even driving around but the spark was very weak and as soon as I would hit 2psi it would miss like hell. I guess from blowing the spark out. Im sure with a few tweeks it could be made to work well but I was never interested in doing it.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

ezSep-26-08 08:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#4091, "RE: Emanage"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm going to be installing the Emanage on a 99 within the next month, so I will keep you posted. It is currently wired into a 95 ECU, so I'm going to try to reverse engineer the wiring and post how both older years and newer years are supposed to be setup. Though if you get yours working before then, please post it up too - I'm sure it'll help me speed things up. I'll also update with the internal settings on the emanage+e01

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4072 Previous topic | Next topic