Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5695
View in threaded mode

Subject: "MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow" Previous topic | Next topic
RfOeCnKdOeNrMay-04-13 07:20 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2006
259 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5695, "MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow"

Hey Guys,

My dad and I finally finished installing Megasquirt.. Things were on delay due to an off balance clutch that needed changing.

Anyways, I have 83 lb/hr injectors. I have read everything I could possibly find on MSExtra and I am actually pretty excited to finally try it out!

I downloaded a few different 420a MSQ files from the Symtech depository but I don't see any for my specific injector size. Is it okay to take on that is close to the injector size and use that as a base or is it better to load the Symtech Lab's stock 420a MSQ and start from scratch?

Thanks!

/

1996 Eclipse RS-Turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Gruff511May-04-13 08:11 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5696, "RE: MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 0

You should use the MSQ basemap on there. Which board and firmware are you running? by using someone else's msq. they may have features activated that works for them but might not work for you. so for instance before you try to start it for the first time just make sure everything is turned off.
And with large injectors like those, you'll set the 'Req. Fuel' in your fuel settings then scale down your VE table so when you first start your not dumping loads of fuel into the cylinders. And keep in mind when you first start your afr's will be rich if you have ASE on and WUE on too high.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RfOeCnKdOeNrMay-04-13 08:27 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2006
259 posts,
#5697, "RE: MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Gruff511
You should use the MSQ basemap on there. Which board and firmware are you running? by using someone else's msq. they may have features activated that works for them but might not work for you. so for instance before you try to start it for the first time just make sure everything is turned off. And with large injectors like those, you'll set the 'Req. Fuel' in your fuel settings then scale down your VE table so when you first start your not dumping loads of fuel into the cylinders. And keep in mind when you first start your afr's will be rich if you have ASE on and WUE on too high.

Awesome thanks!

For the required fuel does anyone know what the displacement value would be for a 2.0 bored over .020... I searched here and only found some good posts for a 2.4L conversion.?

/

1996 Eclipse RS-Turbo

Gruff511May-04-13 08:50 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2011
203 posts,
#5698, "RE: MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 2

I used 1996cc when I was stock motor(87.5mm), then when I ran 88.0mm at 1999cc and now im running 88.5mm bores and I set it to 2000cc the numbers are pretty close so the Req Fuel probably wont even change but you mostly just use the VE table to dial in the fuel.

AdministratorCODE4May-05-13 06:20 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#5699, "RE: MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by RfOeCnKdOeNr
Originally posted by Gruff511 You should use the MSQ basemap on there. Which board and firmware are you running? by using someone else's msq. they may have features activated that works for them but might not work for you. so for instance before you try to start it for the first time just make sure everything is turned off. And with large injectors like those, you'll set the 'Req. Fuel' in your fuel settings then scale down your VE table so when you first start your not dumping loads of fuel into the cylinders. And keep in mind when you first start your afr's will be rich if you have ASE on and WUE on too high.
Awesome thanks! For the required fuel does anyone know what the displacement value would be for a 2.0 bored over .020... I searched here and only found some good posts for a 2.4L conversion.?

Why don't you do the simple math yourself? Volume for a cylinder is Pie x radius squared, x the stroke.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Tired2May-15-13 09:46 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
#5710, "RE: MS2 - First Attempt Tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 4

I would not sweat it, I think the resolution is outside of what the req_fuel is meant for anyway. Try it with 2000cc and 2100cc and see what the difference is in milliseconds.

All it will really equate to is the global scaling of the fuel map, which you'll probably need to tweak anyway. Matching injector flow to the real value is probably a much larger factor, but even that can be overcome to a degree with tuning. req_fuel just needs to get you pretty close.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5695 Previous topic | Next topic