Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #450
View in threaded mode

Subject: "first MS part purchased" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
baxsomMar-07-05 02:00 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#450, "first MS part purchased"

Ok so i finally decided that the megasquirt is the way for me to go
and found a set of injectors to use

i found a set of gst 450cc injectors to use for just the cost of shipping. i know i will need the flyback board but the price was right. even if i have to send them to be cleaned i still dont have that much invested so far

next
aeromotive,
harness,
sensors,
wideband,
unit itself
after looking at the list i realize that i am not even close to having everything i need yet
am i forgetting anything while i am at it

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
grainMar-07-05 02:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#451, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 0

you have a computer to edit the ve tables?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

baxsomMar-07-05 02:58 PM
758 posts,
#452, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-07-05 02:59 PM by baxsom

i am assuming that my current laptop will suffice
it doesnt have a serial port so i a hoping that the USB adapter that i am currently using to download my pocketlogger files will work with the MS as well

otherwise i may have to ebay an older one with the serial connection

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Teamner947Mar-08-05 03:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#458, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-08-05 03:54 PM by ner947

Look for an older laptop. A real serial port is very helpful, I've found that MegaTune is unstable with a USB-RS232 converter.

I'm lucky to have access to a newer laptop with a serial port. My work bought it because it's the only laptop that Dell still makes with a real serial port. The hard drive sucks, but whatever.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

baxsomMar-08-05 04:04 PM
758 posts,
#459, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 3

damn
oh well
ebay has older laptops pretty reasonable
but how old is too old then
what would be a good recommended minumum speed computer to run megatune

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

ForceFedMar-09-05 12:34 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
153 posts,
#461, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by baxsom
i am assuming that my current laptop will suffice it doesnt have a serial port so i a hoping that the USB adapter that i am currently using to download my pocketlogger files will work with the MS as well otherwise i may have to ebay an older one with the serial connection

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=54&topic_id=378&mesg_id=378&page=

baxsomMar-09-05 01:05 AM
758 posts,
#464, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 5

i remember reading something about the pcmcia adapter
but after the problems i had even getting the usb to serial to connect to just my palm i am a little leary of adapting anything
i definetly dont want to be straneded so i figured it would be safer to just get a laptop with a serial
i am still a good couple of months off before i get the MS so i am not too concerned yet

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-09-05 05:10 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#468, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 6

you should look into a dell 8100 on ebay. they go for about 400. and are pretty decent for all around use.

Terry

TeamXtremeRSMar-09-05 12:51 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#471, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 7

I want to say others have used port replicators also, and they have worked fine..I have one here, so I may try that if my adapter doesnt work right..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

baxsomMar-09-05 12:57 PM
758 posts,
#472, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 8

well they are only like 60 bucks at this spot
http://www.usbwear.com/Category.cfm?catid=464&AZX=

so i can give it a try
i am looking at june to have everything i need and the MS ordered

i was at first going to get the ms from rs-autosports because it is 319 for the MS with spark control and the harness but they dont do a base map
so i will be placing an order with Mrslick

damn clutch set me back almost 2 months
if i felt confident enough i could put it in myself but id rather pay someone and know its done right

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-10-05 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#480, "RE: first MS part purchased"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by baxsom
id rather pay someone and know its done right

That's why i usually do things myself...?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #450 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic