Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4360
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Finally Megasquirt time for me.." 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
1slw97Mar-03-09 08:23 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4360, "Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
Mar-03-09 08:23 PM by 1slw97

Looks i will finally part of the Megasquirt crew..
Now, I need some free time to get this thing wired up..

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
eclipse982nrRSTMar-03-09 08:42 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4361, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 0

Awesome and I see your being like me and running it full stand a lone.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Mar-03-09 08:44 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#4362, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 1

Love that external regulator.

---

2012 2500HD LML

1slw97Mar-03-09 08:51 PM
129 posts,
#4364, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 2

Yes sir full stand a lone is the plan..

eclipse982nrRSTMar-04-09 05:44 AM
6314 posts,
#4365, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 1slw97
Yes sir full stand a lone is the plan..

When you remove the alternator and brackets, there are 3 holes on the back of the block that match up perfect to bolt that regulator to. Remember that casing needs to be grounded.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

taclipseMar-05-09 09:10 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#4368, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 4

why would he remove the alternator and bracket? Im running MS as a full standalone and i have my voltage regulator mounted on the frame rail right next to the alternator.

1slw97Mar-05-09 10:43 PM
129 posts,
#4369, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 5

When wiring this up, should i run all the grounds (VSS,TPS,CKPS,Coolant,Air) Along with the squirt to the same ground??

eclipse982nrRSTMar-06-09 07:02 AM
6314 posts,
#4371, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by 1slw97 Yes sir full stand a lone is the plan..
When you remove the alternator and brackets, there are 3 holes on the back of the block that match up perfect to bolt that regulator to. Remember that casing needs to be grounded.

Because to access one of the holes, I had to remove the alternator.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTMar-06-09 07:03 AM
6314 posts,
#4372, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 6

When wiring this up, should i run all the grounds (VSS,TPS,CKPS,Coolant,Air) Along with the squirt to the same ground??

I did'nt.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

96TurboGSMar-06-09 10:29 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2007
125 posts,
#4375, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 7

You should....

Read Paul’s post. If you want to avoid nasty TPSDOT spikes, ect. Then this is the best way; It worked for me.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=2638497#p2638497

-Rafiel

djtrickeeMar-06-09 12:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#4376, "RE: Finally Megasquirt time for me.."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 96TurboGS
Originally posted by 1slw97 When wiring this up, should i run all the grounds (VSS,TPS,CKPS,Coolant,Air) Along with the squirt to the same ground??
You should.... Read Paul’s post. If you want to avoid nasty TPSDOT spikes, ect. Then this is the best way; It worked for me. http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=2638497#p2638497

Agreed. I Grounded all to same spot.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4360 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic