Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #363
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSJul-28-10 03:23 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#363, "Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
Feb-23-05 05:45 PM by XtremeRS

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-neon.html

Link to Firmware page and MSnExtra features:

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/

Megasquirt Forums:

http://www.msefi.com/index.php

Thread for using Mitsu Power transistor instead of the HEI's:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=5734

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
MrSlickFeb-23-05 06:08 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#364, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 0

Good idea posting the links.

Tomorrow I'll be snowed in at home, so maybe I'll finally get my install page finished.

Lee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HiOnPSIFeb-23-05 09:05 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#365, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-23-05 09:07 PM by HiOnPSI

That kicks ass, i'm gaining a wealth of information by looking through this stuff. I'm still totally lost, and leaving it to my installer for the most part.
BTW i haven't decided on the flyback circuit yet, Lee, when's my cutoff point?

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

shaun> i'm sayin', bro!

corsagsboFeb-24-05 04:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#366, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 1

any word on the flyback boards yet Lee? I'm still waiting for the couple ordered up.

--------------------------------------
know me as santiago
boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

MrSlickFeb-24-05 06:09 AM
1120 posts,
#367, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by corsagsbo
any word on the flyback boards yet Lee? I'm still waiting for the couple ordered up. -------------------------------------- know me as santiago boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

I'm hoping to have the boards by the weekend.. if not then they should be here by monday i'm told.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

corsagsboFeb-24-05 06:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#368, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 4

Thank you, please let me know the progress.

you da man!

know me as santiago

TeametxFeb-24-05 07:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#369, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 5

I would HIGHLY recommend the Mitsu ignitor over he HEI modules. Used ones can be had for about $15 vs $20 a piece for HEI modules that require two.

corsagsboFeb-24-05 12:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#371, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-24-05 12:06 PM by corsagsbo

Just to add, Mallory co-brands an HEI module with ACCEL that has proven to be bullet proof over the years on F-bodies. The Mitsu part would seem to be a more cost effective outlet, but for the extra $5 I can get them at, I personally plan on trying them first.

know me as santiago

MrSlickFeb-24-05 12:23 PM
1120 posts,
#372, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 7

Well the mitsu units are only that cheap used.

New from Autozone theyre like $100.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

TeamXtremeRSFeb-24-05 12:32 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#373, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 8

I'm thinking of going out to the local U-wrench-it, and finding the mitsu ignitor..Is it just a normal wiring harness plug that goes into it, or what? I prob should cut off the connector too then..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

HiOnPSIFeb-24-05 06:15 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#374, "RE: Megasquirt'nSpark Extra- Board Mods for Ignition control & 420A Wiring Diagram"
In response to Reply # 9

i'm pretty sure that I have one on my chassis TSi somewhere.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS
1998 Dodge Dakota Sport
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

shaun> i'm sayin', bro!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #363 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic