Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3209
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Basic MS setup" Previous topic | Next topic
python6586May-29-07 04:54 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3209, "Basic MS setup"

right now i am running 15psi on 440's with the sfmu and i really dont like how the sfmu so roughly tunes. i did search but cant find answer to exactly what i need. my basic question is this. If i get the MS board from RS autosport what else will i need to control fuel only. Do i just need to wire the board in install the software set my constant fp with the sfmu and tune? or do i need more sensors and adapters and relays and such?

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
quicksilver99May-30-07 03:04 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3210, "RE: Basic MS setup"
In response to Reply # 0
May-30-07 03:06 PM by quicksilver99

your gonna need a few sensors...
coolant (CLT)
Intake air temp (MS refers to as MAT)
also going to need some kind of harness to install it and hook it up to your car. Look on the ms forums and use a search engine to find the megamanual. I installed mine by using the search button on this forum. The info is there, just not always easy to find.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SlushboxMay-31-07 06:33 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
#3211, "RE: Basic MS setup"
In response to Reply # 1

+1 on the search and Megamanual.com. You don't need to add any relays, just use the existing ones. Let the factory relay power the fuel injectors and let the MS ground fire them. Use the fuel pump wire going to the factory ECU. Place the IAT (MAT) sensor in the intake tube, seems to help with heat soak. The install is pretty straight foreward; make sure you have a good ground and don't bolt the MS case directly to the chassis (spikes).

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

quicksilver99Jun-06-07 02:46 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
#3238, "RE: Basic MS setup"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Slushbox
You don't need to add any relays, just use the existing ones. Let the factory relay power the fuel injectors and let the MS ground fire them.

Thats what I did. I meant to say that your going to need the DB37 connector to the MS with some wire. RSAutosport and a number of other places offer a preterminated harness that plugs directly into the Ms with about 12' of wire to run where ever you want. The sensors with pigtails are also available at these places.

plan it all out ahead of time, take meaurements, check fit up, and take your time and you should be very pleased with MS. I think the worst part of my install was the numerous trips to Radioshack...they know me by name now...

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3209 Previous topic | Next topic