Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #766
View in threaded mode

Subject: "In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jun-19-06 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#766, "Poll question: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
Jun-19-06 08:05 AM by DR1665

Please share your thoughts on the subject. Thank you.

EDIT:
While you're at it, please share your opinions on what you think attracts the most members as well as what keeps people from hanging around.

This thread is being watched. Thank you.

Poll result (113 votes)
More technical. (32 votes)Vote
More community. (5 votes)Vote
A better balance between the two. (76 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
cc8ballaJun-20-06 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#767, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-20-06 08:30 AM by cc8balla

Not that 2gnt isn't already technical, but I'd like to see it get even more technical. I spend a lot of time here reading threads, even years old threads. It is fascinating reading, and it is how I am gaining ever so precious knowledge. This place is my reference to my car. I have found every answer by searching and asking a question here and there. In the same respect, community is needed for people to get to know each other, yadda, yadda, yadda. I voted technical.

Is 2gnt at kind of like a "crossorads" per se?

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

slowmitsuJun-20-06 09:11 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#768, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-20-06 09:11 AM by slowmitsu

PM sent Dr Iggs.

_______

BPU'd skittle

TeamDR1665Jun-20-06 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#769, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by cc8balla
Is 2gnt at kind of like a "crossorads" per se?

Possibly, but 2GNT in only going to change for the better. I'm just looking to get as much input as I can can before the SC makes any plans.

Thanks for your comments, fellas, and your votes, everyone else.

WIDECLIPSEJun-20-06 11:57 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#770, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 3

We've got like 60 or so main guys on this forum. I'm guessing that 2gnt has answered just about every single question possible. That's why we don't have any new people really joining in a whole lot.

-Roman

MR BLUNT 2gntJun-20-06 03:38 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#771, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 4

Technical is never bad, i'm all for a NABR style ruling. Seeing millions of 16 yr olds that want to turbo their car and reinvent the wheel gets a little tiring.

It would be nice to have a gallery of some kind so that when someone is searching in past threads they will be able to see the pics that were originally posted. Having them hosted locally would be swell, or at least the ones that would benefit us from a technical standpoint. Having 11 billion kid phucks posting pics of their chicken wire front bumper mods would obvoiusly need to be weeded out. Not sure whats available from in terms of bandwidth or space but I think this would help.

400whp or bust.

BDTalonJun-20-06 06:53 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#772, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 5

Blunt made a good point, if we ran into a band width problem, we would need more money so... we should start up a fund raiser.. i know there is donations.. but nobody really does it with out knowing what there money is going to, but i think if we told them the exact plans to the project that more people would be willing to donate some of there hard earned cash. This is IMO

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

TeamDR1665Jun-21-06 04:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#773, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by BDTalon
Blunt made a good point, if we ran into a band width problem, we would need more money so... we should start up a fund raiser.. i know there is donations.. but nobody really does it with out knowing what there money is going to, but i think if we told them the exact plans to the project that more people would be willing to donate some of there hard earned cash. This is IMO

Something like this is in the works.

We have a number of fund raising projects planned for the next year or so to fund specific improvements to 2GNT. You can count on that. Donations will always be accepted and you might even be entered into a drawing for a prize during a future fund raising event.

Lots of plans in the works...

cc8ballaJun-21-06 04:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#774, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-21-06 04:26 AM by cc8balla

Originally posted by DR1665
Lots of plans in the works...

Sounds like a good future for 2gnt...

Chad, I would be all for NABR rules too.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

happy p'ple

TeamDR1665Jun-21-06 06:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#775, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 8

What do you guys mean by NABR rules? Are you thinking along the lines of restricting new members' posts to a newbie forum and strict moderation of established technical sections? I know DSMtuners does something like this and it's had some success.

Something like a proving ground for new members, which gives them room to be promoted to another level?

cc8ballaJun-21-06 11:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#779, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 9
Jun-21-06 11:27 AM by cc8balla

Originally posted by DR1665
What do you guys mean by NABR rules? Are you thinking along the lines of restricting new members' posts to a newbie forum and strict moderation of established technical sections? I know DSMtuners does something like this and it's had some success. Something like a proving ground for new members, which gives them room to be promoted to another level?

I like the rules that Tuners has, even though I'm still not a "proven" member since I've posted there maybe 20 times. The idea of a newbie forum is sound, it would weed out those not serious about the platform, which is what a tech forum is all about, but I don't think there needs to be strict moderation in the tech forums. The moderation we have now is good, IMO. Maybe it's just me, but the mere presence of the senior members/moderators was enough to compel me to search before asking a potentially asked question before. But that's just me...

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

happy p'ple

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #766 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic