Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #93537
View in threaded mode

Subject: "horsepower?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
97RSEclipse23Sep-30-05 06:18 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2005
38 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93537, "horsepower?"
Sep-30-05 06:20 PM by 97RSEclipse23

Alright i have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs...http://www.mainsitepage.conceptillusions.com/ ....go the head porting...Stage 3 Head Porting...now im gonna do stage 3 but i have a CAI and i have a OBX TYPE R Cat Back Exhaust System....now im not gonna get a turbo at the moment but will this setup work on my car without the turbo...also i wanted to know how much horsepower i would have if i did the stage 3 porting, CAI, exhaust, cams, headers, and Throttle body..

thank u very much

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
ChamukoSep-30-05 06:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93538, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 0

get on a dyno and find out for sure.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ProjectTalon420AOct-01-05 04:51 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2004
197 posts,
#93541, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 1

Do a search, Some guy did a complete setup without turbo and got nearly NOTHING out of it. Read up.

From Slow to Whoa!

talon420Oct-02-05 04:21 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2005
7 posts,
#93544, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yea I would just save up and drop on a turbo kit... Its Only 2800 for a star stage 2

BlizareOct-02-05 08:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#93546, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-02-05 08:02 AM by Blizare

You would probably roll 150 whp on the dyno.........maybe.

EDIT: No, prolly more around the tune of 135.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

BlackMagicOct-02-05 01:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#93547, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 4

yea it's not gonna be thattt fast, might be able to take a few more hondas but nothing extreme, like you said its only 2800 for a star kit, seriously man just keep saving, you won't regret it

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

TeamDR1665Oct-02-05 01:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#93548, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 4

I wonder where they get the horsepower estimates for each "stage" of portwork. If it depends on other engine modifications, what other modifications are they talking about? Methinks a turbo. Considering the head is half the engine and there's not much else you can do to the rest of the engine aside from a different CR piston, I/H/E, I would highly doubt you see those kinds of gains from that sort of thing.

Not to beat a dead horse, but given the stories about simple things like EGR block-off plates being fucked up and that turbo kit that's being posted all over the place, I can safely say this is not the shop I would want taking a die-grinder to my head. No way in hell.

If you've got I/H/E/UDP done, the next step is to get inside the engine. Realize that any money you invest at this next level is monto sell it. I would only get this sort of shit done if you are dead-set on keeping the car long term.

As for what sort of numbers to expect, expect to have to go to a shop, strap that bitch to a dyno and report back.

TeamDR1665Oct-02-05 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#93549, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 6

Oh yeah. One more thing...

il·lu·sion n.

A. An erroneous perception of reality.
B. An erroneous concept or belief.
2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.

Not saying anything about the company in general, but maybe not the most reassuring name, in my opinion.

djtrickeeOct-02-05 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#93550, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-02-05 03:57 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by DR1665
Oh yeah. One more thing... il·lu·sion n. 1. A. An erroneous perception of reality. B. An erroneous concept or belief. 2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief. 3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception. Not saying anything about the company in general, but maybe not the most reassuring name, in my opinion.

Lollers. So...

Concept = idea = clue

Illusion = erroneous belief

do a little shuffling and

Does that mean they have NO IDEA/ CLUE!!! ??

Tagline: Now thats a They have No Clue turbo kit!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

kain_99gsOct-02-05 08:27 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#93551, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 8

Not to ride the dead horse but roughly 2 months ago their EGR plates were perfect.

shazow1969Oct-02-05 09:08 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
#93552, "RE: horsepower?"
In response to Reply # 9

I agree with Kain I installed my EGR plate from them in July while on R&R and it was perfect.

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #93537 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic