Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #87257
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler" Previous topic | Next topic
Lucid_DreamMar-18-05 05:43 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2005
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87257, "Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"

Sup everybody. I was just wondering if anyone knows from first hand experiance, or has any idea if a OEM gs-t or Magnaflow muffler would be a better choice for a NA 2ndgen GS. I wan't a nice deep sound and it would be good if I could keep my low end torque, while getting a little more hp to the wheels. If anyone knows witch would be the better choice or can recomend a better source then please let me know. Thanks.

Mike

P.S. I have one more quick question. Last night I posted once, and it worked fine. Then I tried to post a few more things, and it said something like the fourm moderator is checking your post. When it said this my post would not show up at all. Very frustrating. Anyway if anyone knows why this happens to me sometimes please let me know. Thanks again.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
reevesoMar-19-05 04:00 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87261, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 0

well w/ the magnaflow i've heard they sound pretty nice, the GST muffler isnt really gonna be loud like you hear kids drivin around w/ mufflers on, its just gonna be a LITTLE louder than stock..from a muffler only your not really gonna lose or gain much of anything so i wouldnt base your opinion on that...i'd base it on what sound you want..as for me i have a vibrant muffler and it sounds nice, but im tryin to find a gst muffler b/c it idles shitty and its embarrasing

Mods: E-bay Intake, Vibrant Muffler, J Woodleys Ground Wire Kit, F&R Upper Strut Bars, B&M Short Shifter

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420a2nerMar-19-05 06:10 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2004
181 posts,
#87265, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-19-05 06:11 AM by 420a2ner

a gs-t muffler keeps the low end torque that an aftermarket one can't. A gs-t muffler does flow better than the stock NA one but it won't give you as much hp in the top end. The gs-t muffler is silent and sounds really throaty especially after having that gay coffee can exhaust. But if you're looking for a nice "feel" and a nice quiet sound then go with the gs-t muffler. The magnaflow will be loud trust me a friend has one. And the mag will get you through the rpm band quicker which basically is horsepower. The gs-t muffler will also give you better gas mileage over the mag because you got more low end power to move the car with less gas pedal. Like the post said above it does make your car idle like SHIT and if you do go with the mag you will eventually change it to a gs-t muffler I guarantee it.

UberingramMar-19-05 07:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#87267, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 2

I had a magnaflow fed by 2½ inch cat back and I could wake the dead in a 5 mile radius. Get the GST muffler.

WIDECLIPSEMar-19-05 07:25 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#87268, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 3

I say it's just a damn muffler. Get a catback and call it a day. Greddy evo(I have) and apex-i n1 are good ones. The evo has a very nice sound and is kept to legal sound limits.

-Roman

Lucid_DreamMar-19-05 06:34 PM
11 posts,
#87297, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-19-05 06:36 PM by Lucid_Dream

Well I thank everyone for there info/help, but tonight I just threw a rod. Yea my block is f***ed, and I had higher compresion than stock witch actually gave me more power. Now I am pretty upset, and I have not decided future plans yet with the engine. I guess ill just get a new block cuz ill still have the higher compression cuz thats in the head not the block. My dad is a mechanic, and I know my stuff pretty good from him, so it will be fixed soon I hope. Anyone know how much a used block cost? I'm going to look on e-bay and dsmtrader.com in a few, I just got home. Anyway thanks again everyone, and if anyone knows what caused this as well, could you give me a hint. The thing is I rev to 6grand all the time and thats all I was doing and it just let go. Sorry for the long post. Later.

UberingramMar-20-05 04:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#87307, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 5

It probably ate a bearing. and since when does "all" the compression come from the head?

97whitESiMar-20-05 09:01 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2004
1334 posts,
#87309, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 6

well, if theres no head, theres no compression lol.
maybe he means its the deck height is lowered a bit?

2005 Legacy GT Ltd, Garnet Red Pearl
speak softly and spool a big turbo

Lucid_DreamMar-20-05 03:06 PM
11 posts,
#87325, "RE: Magnafow SS or OEM gs-t muffler"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-20-05 03:09 PM by Lucid_Dream

Yea I meant the deck height, sorry about that I was tired and frustrated about what happen. Today however was a good day. I found out (since I couldn't see anything in the dark that well). I was completely wrong. I just screwed my clutch, and the whole bell housing shatterd. I just jumped to conclusions to quick I guess. But hey thats a whole lot less money plus im gonna get a lighter flywheel and stage 2 clutch (cuz im prob gonna turbo soon. well maby just all motor lol i haven't decided yet). I was very happy when we found out today. Hey if anyone knows of anything "aftermarket" parts I can do while im in there let me know. Sorry for all the confusion on my previous post again, and thanks for your posts (nice group of people here, or can b ). k im gonna quit babbleing< (spelling?lol) now

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #87257 Previous topic | Next topic