Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #63169
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
MotoFoolNov-15-03 10:19 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63169, "2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"

Hello Shocked has contacted me and wants me to build him a monster 2.4

But would like to have some input from all you guys also.

Here is what i have came up with so far.
(Motor Work will be done by VT Comp)
2.4 block
pauter x beam rods
CP Pistons compression ratio 8.5:1 coated by SwainTech ceramic and moly
possible oil attraction coating on the bearings
balanced and blue printed bottom end
Melling Oil Pump
mopar gaskets
srt4 timing belt tensioner
UR/AFX pulley
Bob Stockum Windage Tray
possible oil attraction coating on the engine bearings and pickup tube.

Cylinder head Port Work Done by NRGY Heads(Ex BlackDog Port Guy)
Ferrea valves coated with ceramic atleast (jury is still open 1mm or std)
full radius valve job(more surface area for valve to cool and also flows better)
coatings on the chambers and exhaust ports (ceramic)
crower springs and retainers
PT lifters and rockers
Crower or Crane Cams..
UR or Crane Cam gears

side notes the manifold and turbine housing will be ceramic coated

and also looking into jet hot coating the inside of the IC pipes.
(ceramic)

this is going to be matched to a Hahn RaceCraft Turbo Kit s25g with FMIC
recomended true 3" turbo back exhaust

my recomendation is for an AEM standalone equipped with a wideband

recomended drivetrain mods
axles
stage4 clutch with light flywheel
LSD and diff pin fix
solid motor mounts or atleast prothanes

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ShockeclipseNov-16-03 12:23 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63172, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-16-03 01:13 AM by Shockeclipse

the names shockeclipse biotch...but no people I would really appreciate getting as much feedback and/or questions about this as i can.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

silvreclipsersNov-16-03 07:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#63178, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 1

how much is this going to set you back shock?

ShockeclipseNov-16-03 10:56 AM
2139 posts,
#63182, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 2

Well it will all depend on what kind of feedback I get and if I decide to go with all that motofool has proposed. I am trying to get opinions to make my final decision. I would really like to hear what some of the guys on here with built and turbo'd motors think and what kind of gains people would think I would be able to get out of this kind of setup with proper tuning. So c'mon people lets here what you all think.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

TeamDR1665Nov-17-03 03:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#63207, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 3

Personally, I would say go for it. Bill's never done me wrong and always been able to help me out. I don't car what that flamer has to say about his work. Besides, the block will be assembled by VT and the headwork done right here in Phoenix at NRGY heads. If Bill's taking care of the outsourcing of all the sub assy's, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Bill will make sure you get everything you need and everything he promised.

You don't think he's watching his ass especially close after all the heat he's taken lately? Besides, maybe if you send some business his way, he'll have a couple bones to spread around to the people he owes money too.

If I was in the market again - I'd call MotoFool again.

ShockeclipseNov-17-03 04:52 AM
2139 posts,
#63212, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DR1665
Personally, I would say go for it. Bill's never done me wrong and always been able to help me out. I don't car what that flamer has to say about his work. Besides, the block will be assembled by VT and the headwork done right here in Phoenix at NRGY heads. If Bill's taking care of the outsourcing of all the sub assy's, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Bill will make sure you get everything you need and everything he promised. You don't think he's watching his ass especially close after all the heat he's taken lately? Besides, maybe if you send some business his way, he'll have a couple bones to spread around to the people he owes money too. If I was in the market again - I'd call MotoFool again.

thanks for the response but It's not a matter of whether or not I trust him....its a matter of what i should do as far as what is concerned with the setup..

mcgyvrNov-17-03 06:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#63217, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 5

god thats over 15K in parts/labor, not worth it IMO
why not just build up the 2.0L.
or do what brynden did with the 2.6L
or just buy a faster car.

IMO its not worth all the money and time, but yes when your done it will be one hell of a machine.

Wish I had all that money to blow

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

ShockeclipseNov-17-03 07:44 AM
2139 posts,
#63220, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by mcgyvr
god thats over 15K in parts/labor, not worth it IMO why not just build up the 2.0L. or do what brynden did with the 2.6L or just buy a faster car. IMO its not worth all the money and time, but yes when your done it will be one hell of a machine. Wish I had all that money to blow

Yeah who knows....I might even just give up the idea and just build up my bottom end and build a custom turbo.... who knows

MotoFoolNov-17-03 04:17 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#63252, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 7

I would hope this motor would be a bit faster then bryndens with the setup it will have..

the car would definatly be impressive as long as the tuner is god as the engine builders..

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

ShockeclipseNov-17-03 06:21 PM
2139 posts,
#63257, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by MotoFool
I would hope this motor would be a bit faster then bryndens with the setup it will have.. the car would definatly be impressive as long as the tuner is god as the engine builders.. Bill

How fast would we be looking here anyway.

mike_dNov-17-03 06:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#63258, "RE: 2.4 Motor For Shocked Eclipse Thoughts please"
In response to Reply # 8

Speaking from expierience (onebaddsm98 and I were one of the first to swap a 2.4 in a 2gnt) building a 2.0 will be a whole hell of alot easier. Just make shure you know what you are getting into and if all the head aches are worth the extra .4L of displacement. Having said that the motor spools a BB t3/t4 like nothing, but the car has never really been tuned or ran really well for that matter.

95 Talon ESi-T

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #63169 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic