Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #51683
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cams are IN!!!!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerMay-22-03 06:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51683, "Cams are IN!!!!"

Well my crower stage 2 cams are FINALLY in! I love them. Idles lumpy, car stalls out occasionally, but it pulls like no ones business on the top end! It's kinda cool that I can just floor it from low RPMs in 1st and once it hits about 5.5k BAM tires break loose. Nifty. I got a hell of a lot of tuning to do though ... I may take her to the dyno this weekend but we'll have to see. It's running REALLY rich (I never see below ~.97 o2 voltage at WOT), it idles roughs, and it dies occasionally if I push the clutch in and let off the gas from a high RPM. But it's great. I'm FINALLY taking advantage of the ported head and the SS oversized valves. I hope to squeeze as much as I can out of it.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
widebodiedMay-22-03 06:38 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51684, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds good , im still waiting on my #16s from crane, supposely there waiting on billet cores.....
DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimMay-22-03 10:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#51699, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Awesome

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

My9t5TalonMay-23-03 12:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#51701, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2
May-23-03 12:26 AM by My9t5Talon

what # cams would that equate to for Crane...roughly?

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

TeamMetalJimMay-23-03 01:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#51702, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

The closest comparison to Crane would be a #18 Intake with a #10 exhaust.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

TeamMichael_97RSMay-23-03 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#51703, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice aren't they? Congrats on getting em in, yeah the high rpm tire breaking free catches you off guard that first time.

Do you have the S-AFC in? If so drop 1k adjust down at least 7 % and idle should smooth out... most likely with the head work it will take in the 12%+ range.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

ModeratorVX100May-23-03 06:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#51716, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

So a crower stage 2 cam is approximate to a #18 crane intake, and a #10 crane exhaust? I wonder why so agressive on the intake and so mild on the exhaust? (relatively speaking) It's an unusual combination.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamAvengerMay-23-03 06:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#51717, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

Well I wouldn't say its a # 10 exhaust ... between #10 & #12 and the intake is between #16 & #18. It's got a lot of lift on the intake side .389" and so so on the exhaust .357".

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

TeamMichael_97RSMay-23-03 07:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#51718, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

My thoughts on that... exhaust gas velocity, force it out quickly and in a shorter time span, you have to worry less about back pussing of the gases as well... just a thought.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Cams, Hooker Header, ERT/Catco Cat, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

ModeratorVX100May-23-03 07:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#51721, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 8
May-23-03 07:31 AM by VX100

I agree Mike, that's why the stock exhaust cam is less agressive thant he stock intake cam (and why the exhuast valves are smaller than the intake valves)

It's just that there is a big difference between a crane #10 and #18 so that's why I was wondering...

My new cams should be in after this weekend heh heh, gotta love competition

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

NicksDSMMay-23-03 02:24 PM
Member since Aug 05th 2002
88 posts,
#51741, "RE: Cams are IN!!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

what else did you replace with the new cams.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #51683 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic