Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135739
View in threaded mode

Subject: "My valve spring compreessor tool" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevJan-10-12 06:50 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135739, "My valve spring compreessor tool"
Jan-11-12 07:53 AM by Red90Sev

Thought I would post up some pics of my valve spring compressor I made. I was trying to find something that would allow most of the valvetrain to be removed with the head still on the block or without having something on the bottom of the valve. There have been a few designs similar, but nothing for the 420a that I could find. This one gets the job done. Lemme know what you guys think or if anyone is interested in these. It work extremely well. The pics have an srt-4 sticker on it, but it's exactly the same for both motors.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
junkyarddsmJan-11-12 08:57 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2010
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135759, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 0

That is amazing I want one.

Finish? What is this "finish" you speak of sir? Dsm's are never complete just temporarily put together.

97 eclipse gone but never forgotten Ill miss you money pit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJan-12-12 09:14 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#135772, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 1

I do like, but why does it have SRT4 written on it?

VendorRed90SevJan-12-12 10:26 PM
261 posts,
#135776, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-12-12 10:27 PM by Red90Sev

Originally posted by Slo2g
I do like, but why does it have SRT4 written on it?

Originally posted by Red90Sev
The pics have an srt-4 sticker on it, but it's exactly the same for both motors.

This one was for a guys srt-4 that I made.

LeonthefadedJan-15-12 12:47 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2011
1 posts,
#135799, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 3

I purchased one and its on the way. I cant wait to test it out!

Stickerbomb

iNoiseJan-15-12 12:18 PM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#135802, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 4

I defiantly want one of these. PM me with a price would you?

dalesmitsuJan-16-12 05:58 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#135809, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by iNoise
I defiantly want one of these. PM me with a price would you?

Me too. Are you selling this on ebay, thought I seen one.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

VendorRed90SevJan-16-12 09:51 PM
261 posts,
#135812, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by iNoise I defiantly want one of these. PM me with a price would you?
Me too. Are you selling this on ebay, thought I seen one.

I had one listed on eBay a while back, but I'm not really a big fan of eBay... I ended up selling that one outside of eBay.

junkyarddsmJan-20-12 06:23 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2010
75 posts,
#135855, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 7

Just got mine and wow it is super nice. I'm going to use it this weekend and see how well it works.

Finish? What is this "finish" you speak of sir? Dsm's are never complete just temporarily put together.

97 eclipse gone but never forgotten Ill miss you money pit.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-05-12 01:53 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#135971, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 8

Looks nice. looks liek all you did was copy the one already made for the 4g63 only that one has better access to the keepers.

VendorRed90SevFeb-07-12 07:42 AM
261 posts,
#135986, "RE: My valve spring compreessor tool"
In response to Reply # 9
Feb-07-12 07:43 AM by Red90Sev

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Looks nice. looks liek all you did was copy the one already made for the 4g63 only that one has better access to the keepers.

Yeah, I was looking for one for our cars and had no luck, so I decided to make one. I was trying to find a compressor adapter that would allow more access to the keeper, but none of them were cost effective. I tried a few different things and what I finally settled on is actually quite adequate. I changed all of the valve springs and retainers faster than a standard type valve spring compressor, (the vice type). The alignment is perfect, so installing the keepers is extremely easy and fast. I'll have to shoot a video here soon for you guys. I changed all of the valve springs and retainers on my head while still on the car, in about 15-20 minutes tops. You just have to make sure you pressurize the cylinders or fill it with rope to make sure the valve doesn't drop.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #135739 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic