Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #132706
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ecu trouble" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ace_of_diamondsDec-17-10 07:01 PM
Member since Dec 16th 2010
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132706, "ecu trouble"

My 1995 eclipse RS decided to embarass me in front of a potential buyer and not start. Ive never had a problem with her starting before. I admit it had been a couple months due to a bad battery, but after the initial embarassment I had purchased: battery, starter, coil, plugs, wires and relays. Im still not getting fuel or spark. I noticed last night that the cel light doesnt come up when trying to start the car, which tells me that the ecu is nonresponsive. Does anyone have a pin out of the ecu harness? I wanna see where the ecu gets power from so I can possibly find an alternate power source to test the ecu and see if its bad. I have an ECU from a 1997 RS but I hear its not compatible. I have no other 1995 eclipses to test mine in. Im also wondering if Ill be needing to flash/reprogram another ecu to work in my vehicle.

If anyone has any input I would be forever in your debt. I have someone interested in giving me their 1993 3000gt, with a freshly rebuilt motor, in exchange for my 1995 eclipse RS as soon as I have it running. Going from 140hp auto to 222hp 5spd would be wonderful.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
AdministratorCODE4Dec-17-10 09:15 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#132707, "RE: ecu trouble"
In response to Reply # 0

pin out: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=1995_ECU

1997 ECU will not work.

---

2012 2500HD LML

GsNewbieDec-17-10 11:29 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2010
121 posts,
#132708, "RE: ecu trouble"
In response to Reply # 1

Try taping your ecu with like a screw driver or some light and then try starting your car, I had a bad ecu. My 95 eclipse would not start sometimes and I would tap the ecu with a screw driver and bam car started bought new one and never had that problem again. Let me know if it works

Shake_ZullaDec-17-10 02:32 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2010
42 posts,
#132710, "RE: ecu trouble"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by GsNewbie
Try taping your ecu with like a screw driver or some light and then try starting your car, I had a bad ecu. My 95 eclipse would not start sometimes and I would tap the ecu with a screw driver and bam car started bought new one and never had that problem again. Let me know if it works

I like it! Most problems in life can be fixed with a big enough hammer.

96 RS
95 Toyota pickup - 8" lift, 33's (sold)
07 Toyota tacoma - TRD Sport
13 Ford Fusion

I like logic more when it travels in circles.

ace_of_diamondsDec-18-10 12:53 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2010
4 posts,
#132717, "RE: ecu trouble"
In response to Reply # 3

lol I will have to try the tapping, I just figured I would replace it. But is there any way to test it and make sure its not a broken wire somewhere? I dont wanna replace the ecu for that money and have it still not turn over..

I will at least be checking for continuity when I have time, thats why I wanted the pinout for the ecu.

GsNewbieDec-18-10 10:24 AM
Member since Oct 01st 2010
121 posts,
#132719, "RE: ecu trouble"
In response to Reply # 4

well I think a volt meter should be able to tell you if the wires are producing enough spark to the ecu. But if I am wrong taping the ecu should tell you that it needs to be replaced because its shorting, this is what I experienced personally and I bought new one for 230 at discount.

AdministratorCODE4Dec-18-10 10:27 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#132720, "RE: ecu trouble"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by GsNewbie
well I think a volt meter should be able to tell you if the wires are producing enough spark to the ecu.

No.

This thread is going to get locked up if this line of advice continues.

OP: You have been given pin-out diagrams and suggestions. Try them out and come back with results if you want further help.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #132706 Previous topic | Next topic