Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127833
View in threaded mode

Subject: "are coil plugs interchangable???" Previous topic | Next topic
blak94gsxSep-22-09 10:12 AM
Member since Sep 21st 2008
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127833, "are coil plugs interchangable???"

im looking in the b/s/t on here and jesse has a wonderful msd coil pack id love to buy... only problem is that it is flat pinned and my 95 is round pinned... so the question is if i go and get a flat pinned connector off a 2g will i be able to simply cut the wires and re-connect them without any problems??? thanks guys for your help in advance...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Ebster1085Sep-22-09 10:31 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127835, "RE: are coil plugs interchangable???"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, you can switch in a new flat pin connector.

The wire colors are different I think, but the layout is the same. Just remember which one was left, middle, and right on the old one and match it to the new one.

There are only 3 wires - you'll be fine

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezSep-22-09 11:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#127838, "RE: are coil plugs interchangable???"
In response to Reply # 1

Definitely yes.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

daes_vengeSep-23-09 12:25 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#127859, "RE: are coil plugs interchangable???"
In response to Reply # 2

I did this on my 96 almost 3 years ago. The screamin demon coils are only available with a flat pin so i had to splice in a flat pin connector to be able to use it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127833 Previous topic | Next topic