Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127554
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Old fuel...now what" Previous topic | Next topic
twinvengesSep-03-09 07:48 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2007
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127554, "Old fuel...now what"

well, i threw a bearing like a year go.. and due to work and other shit..ive finally built it back up...im a little worried about fuel.. there's gas in the tank..not a hell of alot but like 1/4 a tank and its about a yr old.. what do you recommend i do?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Black CottonSep-03-09 08:28 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127555, "RE: Old fuel...now what"
In response to Reply # 0

remove the fuel feed/pressure line... get a gas can, supply power to the pump and drain it til it stops coming out.

then buy new gas and fill the tank back up.

use the old gas for your lawn mower or for starting bon fires.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

def_98gsSep-03-09 08:47 PM
Member since Mar 04th 2009
9 posts,
#127557, "RE: Old fuel...now what"
In response to Reply # 1

I was in the exact same boat. I pumped out maybe a 1/4 of a gallon, mixed in some B-12 chemtool, filled the gas tank up with V-power and called it a day.

twinvengesSep-03-09 08:57 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2007
74 posts,
#127558, "RE: Old fuel...now what"
In response to Reply # 2

so just power the fuel pump then correct? can i get that at the asd relay area? i have the feed to the fuel rail off still, so ill pump it outa there? thanx guys

420agreenvilleSCSep-04-09 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#127565, "RE: Old fuel...now what"
In response to Reply # 3

my car had 1/4 tank of a yr old gas. started up, drove to gas station, filled up, no issues to date. If it starts & idles fine, just go fill up.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GSep-04-09 03:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#127566, "RE: Old fuel...now what"
In response to Reply # 4

Do a search for "Fuel coctail" it'll pull up my recipe for a fuel system laxative that'll degunk any fuel varnishing in your system. Change your filter too

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ezSep-04-09 03:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#127567, "RE: Old fuel...now what"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm of the opinion that you should just start the car and run it. I've had 1/4 tank of OLD gas in one of my 2gnt's before- I pondered if I should drain it, then decided it wasn't worth it. I live in SoCal so the fuel wasn't subjected to extremes of temperature. She ran just fine and I drove her to the gas station and refilled with 87.

I would NOT boost on old fuel though.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #127554 Previous topic | Next topic