Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #115896
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A lot of time, money, and passion" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
TEAM OVER REVFeb-28-07 08:07 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115896, "A lot of time, money, and passion"
Mar-01-07 09:55 AM by cc8balla

My car tearing it down. My tranny gave out because I sprayed it and I guess it was too much for the auto. I then decided to go 5sp, then changed my mind to build the hell outta the motor and boost it.
This is my block and some other pics of my eclipse.
Installed with the cover off, and showing the crower stage III's

The car has
built bottom end - eagle rods, standard length, with J.e's.
built top end - titanium valve springs and retainers. valve job. keepers, lifeters, rockers. crowers stage III

Turbo set up is a HAHN RACE CRAFT with 20g and Greddy type rs upgrade.

The extras are a 3 inch greddy fat back, udp, intake manifold, msd coil. cam gears. The mani n and gears r on back order tho.

etc....

sorry for the pictures out of order, I don't know how to put them in order thnx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
XMasta19Mar-01-07 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115897, "RE: ALOTTA, TIME, MONEY, PASSION, LATER......."
In response to Reply # 0

hmm...

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cc8ballaMar-01-07 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#115898, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-01-07 09:54 AM by cc8balla

Tell me I'm not the best for cleaning up that mess

Do not post threads with titles in all caps please. Sounds like you are yelling at us.

Anyhow, looks good.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

djtrickeeMar-01-07 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#115899, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 2

Who makes titanium valve springs for our car?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

TeamDR1665Mar-01-07 02:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#115900, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by djtrickee
Who makes titanium valve springs for our car?

You gotta pay extra for that, sir.

Sounds like a nice build, but two questions:

1. What are you using to control that madness?
2. Did you know that Crower 3s are a horrible choice for a larger 420A turbo application? You should get a license plate: "RVRSION" because you're going to be running into some issues with those things if you plan on getting that turbo into its efficiency range.

Otherwise, looks like a sweet build. Keep us posted.

chris712vtMar-01-07 03:54 PM
Member since Jul 07th 2006
97 posts,
#115901, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 4

I see no pictures?

Chris
95 Talon Esi Turbo

I contributed to the Wiki!
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Full_Talon_to_Eclipse_Conversion

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-03-07 12:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#115902, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by DR1665
2. Did you know that Crower 3s are a horrible choice for a larger 420A turbo application?

What? What? Did I hear someone has Crower 3's they don't need?.....

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

CustomGSMar-01-07 10:20 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#115903, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by TEAM OVER REV
greddy fat back,...

I love those!

Looks good man.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

ThePerfectShiftMar-02-07 05:27 AM
Member since May 02nd 2006
199 posts,
#115904, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 7

sounds good. Are you going stand alone? or are you goin the SFMU route?

Originally posted by thedawg

I ran 15-18psi on my stock a604 for about 30k miles then it broke. It makes cool whining noises now.

RedLineInc07Mar-02-07 10:00 AM
Member since Feb 25th 2007
75 posts,
#115905, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 8

Cool! Looks good keep it up brother

TEAM OVER REVMar-02-07 12:36 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
44 posts,
#115906, "RE: A lot of time, money, and passion"
In response to Reply # 9

Hey guys sorry for that sloppy post.. but I took my motor and tranny at school and rebuilt it and put it back in, drove it for like 5miles, then took it apart to boosted it {underground}. Its finally done, well im still missing alotta of things, tunning****. It sounds really nice tho, but i hate it when ppl ask me if i know that i have a big miss!!??? I just got it to cool properly cuz it was overheating. But the whole process of rebuilding and boosting was good. There was times when frustration kicks in and you get put on axle duty. But all, in all its worth it. Right now whats hurting me is the inproper tune. This car is pretty much not daily drivable with the cluth and cams. I am plannin on 25+psi, with the proper tune that is. I piston\block clearance altered to let me hit 25+ psi. This is when I need allota help on tunning. My friends are convincing me on the aem ems? but I dont know if im ready for an all out stand alone. Well thanks for the feed back guys, hit me up if you can see the pictures. Here is a more extensive list of mods that is in the car.

420a Engine Rebuild Package
JE .020 8.8:1
Eagle STD Length Rods
Melling Oil Pump
STD Rod Bearings 96-99 STD
ITM Water Pump
T Belt with Bearings
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
Cometic .020 Headgasket
Full Kit GASKETS
No Crankshaft

420a Head Rebuild Kit
Crower Spring Kit w/ Titanium Retainers

SBI rockers
SBI lifters

SBI Complete locks
Set Crower Stage 3 Pair

OBX Cam Gear Eclipse 95-99 420a
Silver
OEM
T belt Tensioner Eclipse 420a
OBX
Intake Manifold Eclipse 95-99 Non Turbo
Add It On +EGR Kit
OBX Map Sensor Fix Eclipse 420a
MSD Coil Pack Eclipse 95-99 Non Turbo
Flat Pin Late 96-99

OBX Spark Plug Wire Set Eclipse
Megan Racing Front Strut Bar

underdrive pulley, greddy evo2, spec 3+ clutch kit.
hrc turbo kit, 20G

Plans. built tranny with quife lsd. slicks. some aem guages.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #115896 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic