Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95445
View in threaded mode

Subject: "timing belt kit..." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
95Eclipse302Jan-01-06 06:56 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2006
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95445, "timing belt kit..."

I am looking for a tmiing belt kit for my 1995 NON TURBO eclipse...

Problem is, everyone I see is for 1990-1994 non turbo or 1995-2000 turbo....none for 1995 non turbo...anyone kno if the 94 kit will work?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
RxR_EclipseJan-01-06 07:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95446, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95Eclipse302
I am looking for a tmiing belt kit for my 1995 NON TURBO eclipse... Problem is, everyone I see is for 1990-1994 non turbo or 1995-2000 turbo....none for 1995 non turbo...anyone kno if the 94 kit will work?

They don't sell 'kits' as far as i know...and the 94 model eclipse does not have the same engine as you so no it won't work. You should try calling napa maybe and asking for a timing belt for a 1995 mitsubishi eclipse non turbo...or perhaps call a mechanic near you and have them do the work...

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

boosted60trimrstJan-01-06 08:23 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#95447, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 1

get it on ebay

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

greygooseJan-01-06 08:39 PM
Member since Dec 11th 2005
274 posts,
#95448, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 2

www.partsdinosaur.com

You'll need:

the belt
the idlers
headgasket
head bolts
waterpump (depending on mileage)

and alot of free time, a nice set of tools, beer, and a radio. oh yea...be sure to bring some patience along.

95Eclipse302Jan-02-06 05:06 AM
245 posts,
#95449, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I checked on ebay but no kits for my car...Ill do the work myself...just never worked on eclipse Im sure its not to bad, I rebuilt two neons and they are very similar...

95Eclipse302Jan-02-06 05:08 AM
245 posts,
#95450, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 4

and why would I need a headgasket...lol or are you saying replace it as a precaution or something?

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-02-06 05:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#95451, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 5

partsdinosaur.com definitely. Good prices, great shipping, great guy. And I'm not sure why the headgasket either. Maybe he knows something you don't
MB

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-02-06 05:59 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#95453, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 6

The headgasket is a known problem if you still have the factory gasket installed. Both of you need to search that one, there is a lot of good info regarding it.

Partsdinosaur has a Timing "kit" for under 150.00 which is the cheapest you will find anywhere.

95Eclipse302Jan-02-06 06:12 AM
245 posts,
#95454, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah I already got that together thats a nice site for waht I needed...now
will I just need the bearings for the tensioner and idler? ALso Should I go with the hydralic kit? If I do how much harder to put that one on?

greygooseJan-02-06 06:15 AM
Member since Dec 11th 2005
274 posts,
#95455, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
The headgasket is a known problem if you still have the factory gasket installed. Both of you need to search that one, there is a lot of good info regarding it. Partsdinosaur has a Timing "kit" for under 150.00 which is the cheapest you will find anywhere.

When you have everything dismantled you'd be doing yourself a great injustice not to go ahead and replace the headgasket. Like Terry mentioned Bruce carries all the parts you'll need and sends you a copy of the installation instructions for any of the parts you buy from him. Goodluck on your install but be sure to take your time and do it right.

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-02-06 10:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#95457, "RE: timing belt kit..."
In response to Reply # 9

Sorry guys, I can't agree with that one. My headgasket on my AWD made 120k before someone through a rod on it. My 97 rs made 140 before the headgasket went. That was never standard practice on the Vdub rabbits. I can see doing a clutch if your throw out bearing goes, but pulling the head when you do a timing belt job, naw I'll wait until it goes before I pop the head.
MB

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95445 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic