Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4611
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaJul-04-01 08:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4611, "Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"

I don't know what's wrong with my car. Lately I've been getting lousy mileage. The needle drops really fast. I thought I had a fuel leak but I checked almost everywhere and I don't smell, fee, or touch and fuel at all. The engine gets really hot too, the water temp doesn't go up but the engine just feels very hot when I open the hood. What could be causing all this, I'm guessing it could be some sensor but I'm not sure. I reset the ECU and it still gobbling gas. SHould I keep on looking for that leak? I see some wet shit on the bottom of my fuel tank also, but it doesn't smell like gas. Man am I just used to the smell of gas because I don't smell a damn thing. My cousin said he smelled fuel on the passenger side. Any NFO is appreciated, I'm totally stumped on this one. My inline pump lines aren't too hot either, so it can't be boling.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
solar1Jul-05-01 01:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4612, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 0

Well we do have a recall on that ya know... they replace the fuel tank because of the leak. I get crappy mileage as well. I'm just to damn lazy to bring it to the dealer to have it fixed. }>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SemperboostJul-05-01 01:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#4613, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 1

I had the same problem and still do to. The screws around the FPR keep coming loose and I smell gas all the time. I used to think it was just the car warming up, but I was getting lousy ass mileage. Run the car and check for dripping of some sort. AS for the hot engine could be related, don't boost might not be enuff fuel being sent.

Alvin
USMC

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

95ESiJul-05-01 07:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#4614, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 1

Is there a recall for our fuel tank??? Cause my fuel tank is kinda hot...

Boost is GOOOOOOOD!

95ESiJul-05-01 07:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#4615, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 1

Is there a recall for our fuel tank??? I get bad mileage too and my fuel tank is kinda hot...no idea why

Boost is GOOOOOOOD!

solar1Jul-06-01 12:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2 posts,
#4616, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 4

There's a recal for a bolt and with that they are replacing the entire tank. There is a place somewhere on this website that has a listing of the recalls. I smell gas all the time (since i bought the car)

DAVE_FL (Guest)Jul-05-01 11:26 AM

#4617, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 0

The bad gas milage is do to boosting too much. At least that is my problem. And as for the engine bay being hot....Normal for turboed cars. Turboed cars run a couple hundred degrees hotter than NA engines.

DAVE_FL
97 T-GS
HRC stageI
Stage 2 very soon
PHOTOPOINT SUCKS!!!!!!

HadesOmegaJul-05-01 09:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#4618, "RE: Lousy Fuel Mileage and HOT Engine"
In response to Reply # 6

Would getting NGK BPKR7Es help relive some heat on my engine? I'm runnings 6s right now at the stock gap.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4611 Previous topic | Next topic