Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #131290
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I wanna start my engine........." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
CandiPaint2GAug-06-10 03:37 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2010
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131290, "I wanna start my engine........."

I would like some advice before I do as the title says but my concern is that after installing the larger fuel injectors for my soon-to-be turbo, would it be a problem if I started my engine now? I of course dont have the turbo yet as im still trying to figure out which one I would like but I put her all back together today and REALLY want to see how she sounds with new cams and such. I installed some 660cc fuel injectors and I also have my AFPR to install if its necessary now? I really would like to know what you guys think before I attempt to see if she starts, thanks ahead of time.

CandiPaint2G

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
TurbchargdSpydrAug-06-10 07:54 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131292, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-06-10 07:58 PM by TurbchargdSpydr

Someone will correct me if im wrong lol,
but you shouldn't run the car with such high injectors, your idle will suck so bad, im not sure if there is a chance that you ruin something inside the motor but if you wanted to see it start just to make sure it runs, put the stock injectors until you get the turbo...

Edit - If you want to run the AFPR safely i think maximum size injectors is like 270cc and thats with a turbo...so...

Last of a dying breed...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CandiPaint2GAug-07-10 09:08 AM
24 posts,
#131298, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 1

Well I figured I would give it a day or so for some responces but that didnt work out to well(with the exception of one)and thanks by the way. I guess ill be putting the stock ones back on for now just really not looking forward to uninstalling the fuel rail, oh well...thanks agian for the input man

CandiPaint2G

Ebster1085Aug-07-10 09:10 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#131299, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 2

I agree with the above. If you are simply looking to start the motor and let her idle, I would definitely go with the stockers. Trying to get the car to idle properly with a set of 600cc injectors, and no management system, will be nearly impossible. With injectors that big, your idle fuel pressure would have to be so low that the spray patterns on the injectors would be pure garbage.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

CandiPaint2GAug-07-10 12:36 PM
24 posts,
#131301, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Ebster1085
I agree with the above. If you are simply looking to start the motor and let her idle, I would definitely go with the stockers. Trying to get the car to idle properly with a set of 600cc injectors, and no management system, will be nearly impossible. With injectors that big, your idle fuel pressure would have to be so low that the spray patterns on the injectors would be pure garbage.

Well after a couple of hours under the hood I swapped out the injectors and now just letting the battery charge before I try turning her over for the first time in about a year Anyways, I was thinking about leaving them installed and then installing the AFPR that I just purchased, would that not help me keep a decent idle or does it have to run with a complete turbo setup in order for it to work properly?

CandiPaint2G

RoninEclipse2GAug-07-10 03:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#131304, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 4

Even with the AFPR you'd have to drop the idle psi so low that those big injectors would be dribbling the fuel out instead of misting it like they're supposed to. The engine would run like ASS until you were in the upper RPM range

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

CandiPaint2GAug-07-10 04:33 PM
24 posts,
#131306, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 5

Sounds good sir, I guess I made the right choice and just swapped them out. Thats great, guess ill have them laying around until I have the turbo to install them with;-(

CandiPaint2G

AdministratorCODE4Aug-07-10 09:53 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#131307, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 6

So what are you planning on running for engine management with the turbo and the large injectors? Idling now versus with a turbo will not likely create huge injector pulse width differences.

So your problem of idling with the large injectors now will still exist when you bolt that turbo on unless you have some form of injector control to dial back the pulse width.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Slo2gAug-08-10 03:35 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#131315, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 7

Exactly, you MUST have at LEAST an s-afc to dial back the injector pulse width so it will idle. I just installed a set of 1000cc injectors last night and I had to lower my fuel pressure to around 35psi at idle and use MSnS to cut back on the pulse width to get around a 13.3:1 idle and my VE buckets in MS is around 10 or so. So as already stated you MUST have some way to control those big injectors and honestly I don't think you can do that big of an injector on an S-AFC, I think you would still be rich even after lowering fuel pressure.

CandiPaint2GAug-09-10 12:25 PM
24 posts,
#131323, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 8
Aug-09-10 01:44 PM by CandiPaint2G

Originally posted by Slo2g
Exactly, you MUST have at LEAST an s-afc to dial back the injector pulse width so it will idle. I just installed a set of 1000cc injectors last night and I had to lower my fuel pressure to around 35psi at idle and use MSnS to cut back on the pulse width to get around a 13.3:1 idle and my VE buckets in MS is around 10 or so. So as already stated you MUST have some way to control those big injectors and honestly I don't think you can do that big of an injector on an S-AFC, I think you would still be rich even after lowering fuel pressure.

I really appreciate the input fellas, and yes sir I was planning on purchasing my MS just as soon as I figured out what setup I was going to utilize. Well I installed a new battery and no luck. Engine does not turn over but only makes a click sound when I turn the key so im really bummed out right now. Any ideas??? I do notice my alarm is NOT sounding off like usual when I connected the new battery so im in the process of checking with Clifford to see how to bypass the alarm in order to rull that out if its somehow had the kill swith engaged or something.......

CandiPaint2G

TurbchargdSpydrAug-10-10 01:22 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#131335, "RE: I wanna start my engine........."
In response to Reply # 9

keep us updated...

Last of a dying breed...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #131290 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic