Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #111205
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerJul-22-03 09:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111205, "Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"

Hey guys,

Here is the Dyno pulls from the shootout for the NA guys.

Here is mine ... didn't do so well ... but you can tell from the graph that I had some issues (intermittent CPS code, multiple cylinder misfire code)

Here is Mike's dyno ... GREAT F'N NUMBERS. Best part is we just got it running better that morning and there is just barely some 1/2 ass tuning to get it to those numbers. Expect 150+ soon.

Here is Todd's dyno ... GOOD NUMBERS also. Mike and I did some adjustments to Todd's cam gear settings at his request between runs. 1st run ... baseline 0*/0*. 2nd run +4* intake. 3rd run either +8* or +10* intake (don't remember exactly).

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
CVedEclipseJul-23-03 02:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111206, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 0

very nice pulls fellas... love to see advancement with the NA boys... keep it up.. and im sure you'll get past 150whp

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

TeamDR1665Jul-23-03 05:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#111207, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow. I realize I still have a loooooong road ahead of me. I just finished the hi-comp rebuild and though I've got positive SOTP dyno results, in looking at what the resident experts are pulling down, I can see that I shouldn't get my hopes up too much for the monster pull.

Way to go fellas! Someday I'll get up to where you are right now!

ModeratorVX100Jul-23-03 05:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#111208, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 1

Tuning the cam gears gave me a huge power increase in the mid range. With tuning, I did make more power up top, not much but it did.

As you can see, I didn't loose power anywhere at all, but nothing happened at 6500 rpms and up. (no loss, no gain)

My setting were 0 intake/0 exhaust first run, +4 intake advance second run, +8 intake advance 3rd run. The car idles just fine with Crane #10 cams and +8 degrees advance on the intake cam.

The graphs are not overlayed, but you can see where the cams and ported head make a difference in the torque curves. Mine starts off higher but still noticeably drops off, but not as bad as stock! Mike's doesn't start off as high, but just stays flat.

That's a good idea actually. Thura could you just do an overlay of Mike's best torque run and my best torque run? Both on the same graph, with the same scale? That would be perfect for comparison sake. HP would be nice too, but I think comparing torque curves would yield more information.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

ThE oRACLeJul-23-03 05:24 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1135 posts,
#111209, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 3

that means u guys are putting down around 190 -200 crank hp ~~!!~~ very very nice ... u should be able to give the stocker gst's a scare !~~!

oRACLe's 1997 RS

ThE oRACLe says: "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn ... and its non-dairy .."

TeamMichael_97RSJul-23-03 05:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#111210, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 4

I wouldn't think it's more than 180hp, 190 sounds a bit optimistic.

Yeah I need to definately get some tuning done to the WOT fuel maps, those runs were done on a pure guess, based off the low throttle fuel I vaguely set while riding around with Thura and the datalogger.

15.9 @ 86.7mph

Smooth idle? We don't need no stinking smooth idle.

Mods List:
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/sig.htm

TeamAvengerJul-23-03 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#111211, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 5

After looking at my codes on the way back to Houston I was running around with the following codes ... Intermittent Cam Position Sensor, Cylinder 1 Misfire, Cylinder 2 Misfire, Cylinder 4 Misfire, Random Cylinder Misfire. I can't complain about the dyno numbers for me with all that misfire.

Here is the Torque Graph. Todd's curve is in red and Mike's in blue.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

widebodiedJul-23-03 06:48 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
#111212, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 6

looking good fellas

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...

ModeratorVX100Jul-23-03 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#111213, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks Thura!

That graph is just what I wanted.

Look at that, that ported head and more agressive cams sure make a difference in the top end! That is very valuable information!

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

whodatt1Jul-23-03 09:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#111214, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 8

Very nice guys.. mike nice to see your dyno #'s specially after hearing that beast idle and spit fuel next to my fuel spitting-smoke producing 2gnt. hehehe
Great NA numbers keep it up!

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

TeametxJul-23-03 10:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#111215, "RE: Dyno Charts ... VX100, Michael97_RS, Avenger"
In response to Reply # 9

Mikes car sounded like a beast up on that dyno too! bigups!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #111205 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic