Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #111005
View in threaded mode

Subject: "95 main bearing questions, answers, pictures." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
stvFeb-22-04 12:55 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111005, "95 main bearing questions, answers, pictures."
Feb-24-04 05:22 AM by DarkOne

Hey guys, this is not a repost, b/c I have searched my ass off tryin to find it. I have a 95 block and bedplate, the clevite bearings I have are the right ones as far as the tabs go (the knotches to prevent spinning), I searched everything I could in every way, and all I hear people asking about is about the tabs for spinning.. My question is, my bearings that came w/ the car (factory) have a trench in them w/ an oil hole.. These clevites DO NOT have them, they are the right size, shape, tabs, but no oil holes.. is this a mistake or will the actual holes in the block and crankjournals themselves oil it up rather than the oil holes in the bearings? I repeat my question, can I use these main bearings in my block and bedplate that have NO oil holes in them nor trenches???? Thanks

~STV~

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
stvFeb-22-04 02:16 PM
576 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111006, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 0

no one?

~STV~

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-22-04 04:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#111007, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 1

You have Clevites with no oil groove and no oiling hole? The top half should have a hole and groove. If it doesn't, you don't have the right bearings.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

stvFeb-22-04 04:38 PM
576 posts,
#111008, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah I ordered them from howell, w/ the re-ring kit.. has neither groove nor hole.. so I guess its bad.. well Id ont wanna spend 45 bucks for new main, so I am going to order them from Shelor Parts and Accessories, they said they can get a set of Mains for a 96 neon for 23 bucks.

~STV~

stvFeb-22-04 05:47 PM
576 posts,
#111009, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 3

does anyone know if the neon block and neon bedplate's main bearings have the knotches and grooves for oil?

~STV~

thedawgFeb-23-04 01:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#111010, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 4
Feb-23-04 01:36 PM by thedawg

Neon and Eclipse engine blocks and bedplates are identical.
All 95 vs. 96+ blocks have different notching.

This is the Clevite bearing kit for 96+:

This is a 1995 block, with two whole sets of 1996+ clevite bearings. (Use one half from each set)

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ar/eb80234.htm

stvFeb-23-04 01:33 PM
576 posts,
#111011, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 5

thanks man.. I got it figured out now.. man that's a super clean block and bedplate.. is it new or hot tanked or what?

~STV~

thedawgFeb-23-04 01:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#111012, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-23-04 01:38 PM by thedawg

Oileater.

WickedESiFeb-23-04 03:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#111013, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 7

What do you mean you use one half from each set. Half of those have the oil holes and the other doesn't. Did you still have to get them renotched?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

thedawgFeb-23-04 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#111014, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 8

No renotching was done. That's just two sets of bearings. Look in a box of bearings and it'll make sense.

stvFeb-23-04 04:47 PM
576 posts,
#111015, "RE: Need expert advice about my main bearings"
In response to Reply # 9

oil eater is my next best friend I believe. So the oil holes in the bedplate dotn really matter then? since the bearings dont have oil holes. or can I use 2 top halves w/ oil holes and have the grooves and holes in both sets?

~STV~

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #111005 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic