Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #15231
View in threaded mode

Subject: "where to get engine rebuilt?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1995GSFeb-17-02 03:18 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15231, "where to get engine rebuilt?"

what places can do this? I found a placec in MD called Extrmeme Motorsports but im not sure if they can do it and dont seem to ahve their email working

www.extrememotorsports.com/index.htm

anyone ahve any places or ideas?

-Brian

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Fast420AFeb-17-02 04:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15232, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 0

DON'T PAY A PERFORMANCE SHOP FOR THE REBUILD. . . This will cost you twice as much as going to an engine shop. I found a local engine shop by going to a local hot rod v8 place and asking for their recommendation on a local engine builder. I also got the same number when I asked on a local board. I have heard prices as low as $500 for a complete rebuild including boring and honing of the cylinder walls. You will be looking at $1000 and up if you go to a performance shop, especially one that specializes in imports.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dualgen2Feb-18-02 12:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#15233, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 1

extreme is really expensive.. where do u live cause I assume your in MD which is where i live also. Hit me up on AIM. peace
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

KikuFeb-18-02 05:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#15234, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 2

For all those peep close to delaware, check out accurate machine shop in wilmington, de. Their website is www.accuratepower.com

I've had great experiences with them, they are quick turnaround too. Small shop, good people.

1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

1995GSFeb-18-02 06:17 AM
190 posts,
#15235, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 3

maybe im blind, but i cant find anything on accurates site about rebuilds

KikuFeb-18-02 07:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#15236, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 4

They are a full machine shop. Trust me, i've been there. They do multiple kind of jobs. Their main shop is a small shop in newport, de (the industrial side of wilmington). They do work there for forwardmotions as well as Dupont Motorsports/ERT racing team (some of you may have seen them on speedvision's grand touring championship).

I have to go up there soon, if anyone wants to meet me up there, i'll be up for a trip.

Oh also, their machine shop web address is http://www.accuratepower.com/Machine/

1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

99EclipseFeb-18-02 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#15237, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with Fast 420a, some of these performance shops aren't much better than satan.. these places are branched out like satans little elfs. Make some phone calls then decide.

1995GSFeb-18-02 08:30 AM
190 posts,
#15238, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 6

Would satan do this?

And am i doing the right thing? Ive bene thinking about it and most of the poeple that have told me about their rebuilds had low miles but really messed their engine up. In my case, it just has high miles. Am i better off just getting a new or slightly used 4g63 and transplanting? Is this expensive?

-Brian

99EclipseFeb-18-02 08:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#15239, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 7

>Would satan do this?
>
>
>And am i doing the right thing? Ive bene thinking about it
>and most of the poeple that have told me about their
>rebuilds had low miles but really messed their engine up. In
>my case, it just has high miles. Am i better off just
>getting a new or slightly used 4g63 and transplanting? Is
>this expensive?
>
>
>-Brian

Satan would do it, prepare to get raped though..

How could a rebuild mess your engine up? If they didn't build it up rite or had it done half @ss I could see how it would be messed up. A rebuild on here is most the time the bottom end which is basically the pistons and rods. An engine should be able to last a realy long time expecially for mod freaks like us who are constantly upgradeing or changing something.

If you have an RS you have the 420a not the 4g63.. if somehow the 4g63 is under your hood have them check the crankshaft, you might want to consider just droping another engine in depending on the current condition of yours.

1995GSFeb-18-02 08:48 AM
190 posts,
#15240, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 8

sorry, i didnt say that right.

I ment to say that most people who rebuilt there engines did it because they messed it up, not because it had high miles. Im starting to wonder if the rebuild would be helpful at all. The car is a 97 GS-T Automatic with 101k miles on it. I just want to know what i need to do to keep the car reliable and such for the long run. How much is a new engine and install? would this be a better option?

-Brian

1995GSFeb-18-02 08:49 AM
190 posts,
#15241, "RE: where to get engine rebuilt?"
In response to Reply # 9

In other words, if you got this car today( 97 GST Auto 101k miles) what would you do to it to keep it running stong. Im not going for super performance, just reliablilty.

-Brian

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #15231 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic