Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #116363
View in threaded mode

Subject: "EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
TheRedBarrenMar-05-08 03:11 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116363, "EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"

I went over to my buddies house for about 2 hours, when I left I noticed that there was a rather large puddle of oil under where my car had been sitting. So I put 1 qt of oil in and it brought me to about half way on the stick... I limped it back to my house (about 6 miles away or so) being extremely easy on it and listening - the motor sound fine. I got home and all oil was gone, past the lowest line on the stick. Here are some pics... I need help pinpointing.

Leak just from sitting in the garage for 10-15 min.

Oil is covered all on the bottom of the car even WAY past the cat!!

I started the car and looking under, the oil SEEMS to be spewing on top of this CV joint, but from WHERE? This is why the oil is everywhere from the joint slinging it.

My first guess would be the oil pressure sensor is loose but dont appear to be coming from that.

THANKS

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
ezMar-05-08 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#116364, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 0

With an oil leak that bad, I wonder if your oil filter seal is messed up and the pressure at that seal sent oil to the axle, which then flung it out all over.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TheRedBarrenMar-05-08 03:19 PM
61 posts,
#116365, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ez
With an oil leak that bad, I wonder if your oil filter seal is messed up and the pressure at that seal sent oil to the axle, which then flung it out all over.

The filter is nice and tight. The leak is coming from where the engine/trans meet... and leaking on top of the CV that goers to the passenger wheel.

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

TheRedBarrenMar-05-08 03:17 PM
61 posts,
#116366, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 0

More pics.

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

foggy45Mar-05-08 03:19 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#116367, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 0

oil filter tight?
Crank position sensor loose?

it is just low on the block or could it be from up on the head? look down by the passenger side of the intake manifold

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

ezMar-05-08 03:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#116368, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-05-08 03:25 PM by ez

Go into chat

EDIT: chat is fubar'd for me- "Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/dino2gnt/public_html/Application.php on line 10" WTF

TheRedBarrenMar-05-08 03:23 PM
61 posts,
#116369, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by foggy45
oil filter tight? Crank position sensor loose? it is just low on the block or could it be from up on the head? look down by the passenger side of the intake manifold

Everything looks tight.. It is on the lower portion of the block, driver side.

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

ezMar-05-08 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#116370, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 6

hmmm even if that was a HUGE rearmain seal leak, I don't think it would slip between the block and tranny on the rear of the block like that. Usually it leaks a little from around the rubber plug where the clutch line enters the front of the tranny. Do you notice any oil there?

TheRedBarrenMar-05-08 03:30 PM
61 posts,
#116371, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 7

None ; /

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-06-08 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#116372, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 8

Could be the rear main. if you remove the lower trans cover, is there a bunch of oil in there?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonMar-06-08 04:42 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#116373, "RE: EXTREMELY Bad Oil Leak need help!! ASAP"
In response to Reply # 9

Clean it off with engine degreaser in your driveway then start it up and watch for the leak. Why sit and guess at it?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #116363 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic