Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #2021
View in threaded mode

Subject: "request about videos" Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Aug-18-04 02:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2021, "request about videos"

i for one would like to request that no one make anymore videos using the wmv3 encoding. my mac will not play it because it is crappy and microshaft sucks because they wont release any info about it. please use mov or avi or mpg or something cooler than wmv. dont support the microcrap IMO. that is all.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamAvengerAug-18-04 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2034, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 0

Haha! Macs SUCK! j/k. Don't worry, I've put all my videos in MPEG-1 format. Its pretty widely used and unlike MS crap its an industry standard.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeametxAug-18-04 05:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#2035, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Avenger
Haha! Macs SUCK! j/k. Don't worry, I've put all my videos in MPEG-1 format. Its pretty widely used and unlike MS crap its an industry standard.

Yeah, but mpegs are huuuuge. I'll take your request under advisement. Go get a real computer!

Diceman19Aug-18-04 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2040, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 2

i have a real computer, but it is gentoo linux and not really keen on videos and such. most play, but some like to argue a little. this mac is a mans computer, but i dont want to start the PC MAC war again.

QC DSM ESiTAug-18-04 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2044, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey have the vidoes I've been putting up work for you? I can't remember what codeing they were in.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Diceman19Aug-18-04 11:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2060, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 4

did you do the axlesnap video and the thura engine video? if so, then they are in wmv3 and i cant play them without bowing down to microshaft and d/l their media player.....which wont happen. shootout videos or not.

QC DSM ESiTAug-18-04 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2076, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by Diceman19
did you do the axlesnap video and the thura engine video? if so, then they are in wmv3 and i cant play them without bowing down to microshaft and d/l their media player.....which wont happen. shootout videos or not.

I did the Thura's engine, Hahn and the ATV, and HibriDSM in car video.

98 Dodge Neon R/T

Diceman19Aug-18-04 04:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2091, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 6

yea, i cant see any of your videos. i get sound, but i really want to see the matts car vid. .......Dude....

QC DSM ESiTAug-19-04 02:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2121, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Diceman19
yea, i cant see any of your videos. i get sound, but i really want to see the matts car vid. .......Dude....

LOL I will see if I can put them in a better format. Maybe you should just loose the Mac

98 Dodge Neon R/T

Diceman19Aug-19-04 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2122, "RE: request about videos"
In response to Reply # 8

no, the mac owns you.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #2021 Previous topic | Next topic