Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #1981
View in threaded mode

Subject: "what a year" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Aug-17-04 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1981, "what a year"

Wow, I think this was the best shootout ever! I don't have any pics to share (I knew everyone else would take plenty) but here's my take on it.

It was great seeing so many people I haven't seen in a year, and getting a chance to meet even more. (too many names to list here!) We need to get name tags next year; there are too many of us to keep track of!

I was so happy that I could actually make it with my car! For those who don't know, a month ago one of my crane #16 cams broke a dowel pin and bent a few valves. My car was down for the count but Mike and Exile Racing were kind enough to help me out and get my head fixed (AND ported, heh heh, why not?) AND get it to me fast enough so I could get the car together. I was a day later than I wanted to be but I got there.

Big thanks to the guys out at Exile Racing for making it possible!

The car ran great, and I ran my fastest time AT Norwalk (a 15.74). I was suprised at how well I did since I have not raced since April. I made it through three rounds in the bracket 2 class, but someone just ran a better race than me and I was out. I am expecting to run some very good times before the season is out!

I was great seeing plenty of turboed cars out there running, although next year you guys have to do better than 13.7 (Bill Hahn doesn't count!)

And it was great for Bill to show up and run the RS, and for everyone to meet him in person. Also very nice of him to help out Thura when his engine gave out on!

And BIG congrats to Daniel for running that low 15 sec time all motor! It was good to see someone run faster than me, and actually with my own eyes too! I'll see what I can do out here at New England Dragway but Daniel was running that time where I never run well, so I expect he'll be even faster in the near future.

Here's to a great year! I hope everyone shows up again next year too!

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TeamAvengerAug-17-04 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1986, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 0

I completely agree with Todd. This year's shootout was GREAT! I loved every minute of it. I wouldn't change a thing and that INCLUDES me blowing up the motor (though admittedly I was a little down trodden at the time). It was great to see the 2gNTers rally together to help me out and for Bill to go even a step further and trailer me back to Chicago.

Everyone that went this year HAS to be there next year. Everyone that said they were going and didn't ... you guys seriously missed out. And next year WILL BE the year of the 2gNT. We WILL be bringing trophies back!

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-17-04 05:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#2002, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 1

Indeed.

Next year, Big Evil will come to play, I promise. It will be shitty.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

SILVERNTAug-17-04 07:45 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#2013, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
Indeed. Next year, Big Evil will come to play, I promise. It will be shitty.

Same here Dino. Im bringing Lucifer, no doubt.

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-18-04 03:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#2026, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 3

You guys can kick my ass next year for not making it this year...yes I fucked myself over.

*rebuild in process...too much spent and still not fast enough*
GST Muffler
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
EGR removal/blockoff
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers

TeametxAug-18-04 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#2027, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by VX100
I was great seeing plenty of turboed cars out there running, although next year you guys have to do better than 13.7 (Bill Hahn doesn't count!)

I would have beaten that time if my car didn't go up in flames. I'm having some ignition trouble but I hope to get home quickly after work and figure it out. Then off to the track to see what I can do. I'll just have to take it easy on the launch.

Diceman19Aug-18-04 08:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#2041, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 5

or you might break and axle???

ROFL

QC DSM ESiTAug-18-04 08:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#2042, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by VX100 I was great seeing plenty of turboed cars out there running, although next year you guys have to do better than 13.7 (Bill Hahn doesn't count!)
I would have beaten that time if my car didn't go up in flames. I'm having some ignition trouble but I hope to get home quickly after work and figure it out. Then off to the track to see what I can do. I'll just have to take it easy on the launch.

Well it sounds like you better take some axles with you there just in case.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

TeametxAug-18-04 08:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#2043, "RE: what a year"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by QC DSM ESiT
Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by VX100 I was great seeing plenty of turboed cars out there running, although next year you guys have to do better than 13.7 (Bill Hahn doesn't count!)
Well it sounds like you better take some axles with you there just in case.

Yeah, I doubt their will be any willing donors there.

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2004 DSM ShootOut topic #1981 Previous topic | Next topic