Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8334
View in threaded mode

Subject: "shifter cable pin missing" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Nov-25-09 09:04 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8334, "shifter cable pin missing"
Nov-25-09 09:07 PM by MCubed45

what can i use to replace the pin? not the one that connect the end of the cable to the arm on the transmission. the one that connects the arm to the peg on the actual transmission. it fell/broke off today while driving. i have a screw in there for now but there's A LOT of play.

http://www.2gnt.com/CAPS/main22/main22sub130.html

23986S i think. this is for the cable when you push the sifter forward/back.

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
TuxdreamerxNov-26-09 12:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8335, "RE: shifter cable pin missing"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-26-09 01:00 AM by Tuxdreamerx

I had the whole shift linkage think break off the tranny that I pulled recently and I have yet to find any info on replacing it or fixing it. I dont know what is fixable on that linkage piece or not.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorbullettdsmNov-26-09 04:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#8336, "RE: shifter cable pin missing"
In response to Reply # 1

Its a simple roll pin. Just go to NAPA or somehting and match it up size for size.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

MCubed45Nov-26-09 06:07 AM
2706 posts,
#8337, "RE: shifter cable pin missing"
In response to Reply # 2

anyone know the dimensions? i guess i can just buy a bunch and return the ones that don't fit. i was just gonna get a bolt or somethin if i couldn't find a pint. does the pin have a clip that holds it in?

-marc

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonNov-26-09 09:28 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#8338, "RE: shifter cable pin missing"
In response to Reply # 3

A roll pin is a press fit type pin. Napa Menards and I am sure home depot carry them. They are cheap, buy a few close ones. They should be very tight and you will need to use a hammer to get them in.

I do have a factory one as a spare but it would be faster for you to just go buy one.

MCubed45Nov-27-09 03:00 AM
2706 posts,
#8343, "RE: shifter cable pin missing"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
A roll pin is a press fit type pin. Napa Menards and I am sure home depot carry them. They are cheap, buy a few close ones. They should be very tight and you will need to use a hammer to get them in. I do have a factory one as a spare but it would be faster for you to just go buy one.

kk cool thanks. i'll hit them up tomorrow. hopefully the screw doesn't fall out.

-marc

MCubed45Jun-21-10 05:26 PM
2706 posts,
#8512, "RE: shifter cable pin missing"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-21-10 05:29 PM by MCubed45

so i finally got around to picking up and installing a new roll pin. I picked up a 7/32" and 1/4" pin (1.25" long).

The 7/32" fit inside but was too loose and would slip out with shifting. The 1/4" didn't exactly fit either (a little too big). The pin goes in such a crappy place it's impossible to get a good angle to set it properly. I finally ended up taking the arm (part that connects the peg to the cable) off the transmission and getting the pin started in there. Had to put the pin in a vise to get it a little smaller too.. Put the arm back on the transmission and could only get the pin about 1/2 way in... At that point I decided to try expand the 7/32" pin instead, but the 1/4" is stuck in there damn good. There's no play now, but i'm just worried about it backing out eventually.

Is there a better way to get the pin inside? Should I have stuck with the 7/32" in the first place and tried to open it up a bit to fit snug?

Thought this would be simple job but ended up spending more than an hour trying to get the stupid pin in... >.<

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8334 Previous topic | Next topic