Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6904
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Quick question regarding manual swap." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
DarkMatterM4Jan-21-08 06:25 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2005
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6904, "Quick question regarding manual swap."

I'm building up my manual swap and plan to execute it in about a month or so. My question is will I need one of these manual transmission mounting plates? Here is an example of what it looks like:

Thanks for any help.

-------
92 3000GT VR4 - Weekend Warrior
97 Eclipse RS - "Finally 5 Speed" Daily Driver

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-21-08 09:01 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6905, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 0

auto is the same piece.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DarkMatterM4Jan-22-08 10:05 AM
22 posts,
#6906, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 1

Great. Thanks a lot for the swift response.

-------

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-23-08 02:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6907, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 2

I don't even run one. Couldn't make it fit with the bolt I was using and my Fidanza flywheel.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-23-08 03:21 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#6909, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 3

With stock bolts the shield wont work with a FID flywheel?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-28-08 02:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6919, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
With stock bolts the shield wont work with a FID flywheel?

With stock bolts, probably. I have no idea what the stock bolt for that location even looks like. I had a thin-head M6 laying around that i was going to try, but at that point the flywheel was already on and I couldn't get the bolt in past it, so I left the shield out.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

freelancefoolJan-28-08 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#6920, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 5

The stock shield works with the Fidanza lightweight flywheel and stock bolts on a modular clutch setup. I'm speaking from experience.

My Blog

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-29-08 03:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#6926, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by freelancefool
The stock shield works with the Fidanza lightweight flywheel and stock bolts on a modular clutch setup. I'm speaking from experience.

I assumed it would, but I didn't want to take the flywheel back off after I'd found a bolt with a flat enough head.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

freelancefoolJan-29-08 07:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#6930, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 7

I do not blame you for that at all.

My Blog

DarkMatterM4Feb-19-08 04:44 AM
22 posts,
#6997, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 8

I will be using the modular clutch setup. So I should be fine right?

-------

1996BlackGSntMay-08-08 05:46 PM
Member since Apr 28th 2008
35 posts,
#7164, "RE: Quick question regarding manual swap."
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DarkMatterM4
I will be using the modular clutch setup. So I should be fine right?

Whats the difference between Non modular and Modular and which years did they come in and what model?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6904 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic