Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5448
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaMay-21-06 01:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5448, "Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
May-21-06 01:05 PM by HadesOmega

Well like the subject states I got the engine back in after having taken it out twice because of those stupid oil plugs. Starts up and runs no leaks now but I try to take it for a spin and it won't go into gear.

I changed my LuK clutch to a Spec 3 clutch I bought off of someone on the forum. I just used the throw out bearing I had in there already. Now it goes into gear when the car is in the air but when its on the ground it won't and the car kinda starts moving when I try to get it into gear.

I feel resistance in the clutch and I can see the rod on the slave cylinder moving when the clutch is pressed. I bled it with a vacuum pump like 2 reserviors worth then i bled it again the old fashion way and still no luck.

Do I have to adjust the rod on the master cylinder out more so I can get more push? This car is really starting to piss me off now I don't have time to mess around with it anymore. I'm thinking I shouldn't have changed the clutch the LuK was fine I just wanted something that grabbed better ....

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMay-21-06 07:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5449, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 0

Those clutches are crap. I bet it threw a spring before that member sold it to you, and that's why its stuck.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaMay-22-06 01:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5452, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 1
May-22-06 01:05 PM by HadesOmega

damn so I should probably put the stock clutch back on? How hard is it to drop the tranny with the engine in the car?

I just pm'd the guy that sold it to me and he said that it was fine when he took it off. I am using my old throwout bearing that I replaced 10k miles ago but it should work if it worked with the old clutch.

Another thing is that the car is vibrating a lot, I don't think I have a dead cylinder because the vacuum is steady. Could the clutch be causing the vibration? It kinda hard to install it wrong way though since there's only one way to mount it.

sigh... more downtime didn't even make it out of the garage.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

HadesOmegaMay-23-06 09:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5457, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 2

so no1 else has any suggestions?

well I'm going to try installing the stock clutch tommorow damn spec garbage out like 300 bux and got to take half the engine bay appart what am I going to do with a 300 dollar paperweight maybe spec will send me a replacement.

Who sez FF can't drift?

taclipseMay-25-06 08:36 AM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
#5466, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 3

spec screwed me over on a stg 3 too. It is now a garage decoration! i switched over to a dxd clutch and havent had a problem since. Spec will not refund my money and this is the third time they have replaced it and will not replace it again.

HadesOmegaMay-25-06 10:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5470, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 4

damn didn't know they were that bad I just put my LuK clutch back in hopefully when I get the car back together it'll make it out of the garage. I pushed the pedal and it feels the same just lighter maybe something wrong with that pressure plate.

Who sez FF can't drift?

donnyb373May-26-06 04:17 AM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#5471, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 5

clutchmaster ftw

HadesOmegaMay-26-06 01:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5472, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 6

what does FTW mean?

yeah I heard clutchmaster stage 4 is the best but its also the most expensive Oh well you get what you pay for

Who sez FF can't drift?

HadesOmegaMay-28-06 10:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#5475, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 7

Well its official what everyone sez about Spec being a pile of steaming $hit (well not quite like that) is true. Finally got everything back in the car fired her up and wadda ya know goes into gear. Was able to get the car out of the garage after like half a year!

Don't know what was wrong with the clutch the guy that sold it to me said it was working fine when he took it off but its not working now. I could feel the throwout bearing pushing the pressure plate but it wasn't disengaging so unless I dissect it I probably won't know even though probably won't know either.

anyway stay away from spec.

Who sez FF can't drift?

Teamdougie2Jun-30-06 03:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#5549, "RE: Got engine back in and running, now spec clutch won't disengage"
In response to Reply # 8

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=34&topic_id=4385&mesg_id=4385&page=2

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5448 Previous topic | Next topic