Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2101
View in threaded mode

Subject: "No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)" Previous topic | Next topic
sikeJan-25-04 05:39 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2101, "No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"

I did auto to 5spd conversion about a year ago, and I haven't gotten the speed sensor working yet. I just yesturday installed a 5spd wire harness, I had the automatic one still in there dangling. It was alot of work, and yet the speedometer still doesn't work. I have the speed sensor wired up now. I no longer get a CEL for the speed sensor, as I did before, which I'm guessing means the ecu is getting a signal now. The sensor itself is brand new, I installed it about 5 months ago when I was going to make an attempt at making it work with the automatic harness, which I never did, other than putting the sensor in. We took it out and inspected it anyway, it apeared to be fine. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-26-04 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2102, "RE: No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"
In response to Reply # 0

Pull the sensor, turn the car on, and spin it. See if the gauge moves. If it doesn't, try another speed sensor or make sure the plastic ring gear is still on the diff.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

onetravJan-26-04 11:51 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
225 posts,
#2104, "RE: No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"
In response to Reply # 1

http://www.armond30.com/adp/smartquestions.html

Check toward the bottom of the page. Worked fine for me.

-Travis

sikeJan-31-04 12:53 PM
Member since Aug 06th 2003
531 posts,
#2142, "RE: No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"
In response to Reply # 1

I pulled the sensor while it was running and the gauge moved, inside where the sensor is is a threaded white thing to the left, and thats all I can see. What is supposed to be in there?

onetravMay-10-04 04:13 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2003
225 posts,
#2738, "RE: No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"
In response to Reply # 3
May-10-04 04:14 AM by onetrav

Sorry about bringing an old post from the dead but, someone PLEASE answer this question because I would like to know as well. Same problem here.

-Travis

RyaN95i4May-13-04 01:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#2770, "RE: No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"
In response to Reply # 4

Any progress with getting the speedo to work after doing the swap?

Im in the same boat, already tried to wire it up like Armond said on his site and it was a no-go.

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

RyaN95i4May-14-04 06:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#2775, "RE: No speedometer (auto->5spd conv)"
In response to Reply # 5

Nevermind...had a bad speed sensor (actually, had 2 bad ones). Speedo worked after we tried a third sensor.

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2101 Previous topic | Next topic