Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5083
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Blown Tranny" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
JVStylezFeb-04-06 12:05 PM
Member since Jan 20th 2006
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5083, "Blown Tranny"

Yeah its sad. On friday I went to Mitsubishi dealership to have them work on the recalls for my car. They couldnt flash my ECU so they told me they had a recall on the Ball Join, I said, well go ahead and fix that then. Well, they got that fixed and put 2 new Left and Right Arm assy. On my way to my parents house, I heard a loud *CLANK* and my car shut off while I was going 30mph, I was like "Holy shhh...." And when ahead and started the car up again, It reved fine and put it on 1st and accelerated and the car wasent moving, So I figured, Oh shit, I bet the people at Mitsu did something wrong and a axel just came undone. Well I was wrong. I stoped at a parking lot while I still have momentum of the car and called them up and said "Well my tranny just exploded soooo I need you guys to double check for fuck ups". Tranny fluid just went everywere in the parking lot, it smelled like rotten eggs. So the tow truck picked my eclipse, took it to the dealership, and 3hrs later they called me to tell me it was not their fault. They said that my tranny exploded from the inside and made a huge hole on the case. Well anyways, does anyone here know the process in replacing the arm assy and the ball joint? I want to know really if it was their fault. Also, does anyone here have an extra 420a 5Speed tranny that would like to sell around texas, just incase these fuckers dont want to pay for my damage. Well anywho thanks.

- JV

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
96eclipse2nrFeb-04-06 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5084, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 0

well, guess you dont need to worry bout your WP now

that sucks dude

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JVStylezFeb-04-06 01:26 PM
64 posts,
#5085, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-04-06 01:27 PM by JVStylez

Yeah I know, it blows major asscrack. Well, I think this calls for a major rebuild. Yes ladies, that means Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-S (Supercharged).

- JV

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-04-06 02:45 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5086, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 2

I dont see how they could have done that. Just bad luck and we have a trans section use it!

grainFeb-05-06 01:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#5087, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 3

sounds like you have been doing too many burn outs with your open diff trans. your fault.

dizzasticFeb-05-06 04:17 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2004
95 posts,
#5089, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 4

That really sucks man, but you might as well go and do the neon tranny swap. Check local junk yards for a tranny. I have not heard of anything causeing a transmission to grenade, from doing the recalls on the suspension. As was said above bad luck, and probaly lack of maintance cause it by previous owner.

If possible I would like to have your blown tanny.

Dirk

JVStylezFeb-05-06 05:57 PM
64 posts,
#5090, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 5

I really dont do burnouts on my 2G, not into the whole "Ohhh imma burn out and show off" kinda shit. I drive my 2G as a daily driver, since thats what it was. But yeah, Ill try looking around for that tranny. So any neon 95-99 has that tranny?

- JV

JVStylezFeb-05-06 06:01 PM
64 posts,
#5091, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-05-06 06:50 PM by JVStylez

Oh and sure, you can have this blown tranny. Were abouts are you located?

Also, what cars (Model and year) have our engine and tranny?? That way I can go shopping at a junkyard.

- JV

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-06-06 02:05 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#5092, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-06-06 02:09 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Look on the mainpage, a lot of effort has gone into those pages of info for you. Please take advantage of them.

The 95-00 Neon Trans is somewhat different. 5th gear is different and the final drive is also different. Unless you are pushing over 10lbs of boost the Neon trans, at least the 3.55 trans is not really a good option.

Now if you can get your hands on a 2001+ neon Magnum trans then it is the same. See the specs on the FAQ main page for any differences.

To identify the correct trans look on the endplate, there will be a silver tag. On that tag you will see the ID number as well as 3.55 or 3.94. You want 3.94

The srt-4 trans is very different, dont try to use it.
Terry

JVStylezFeb-06-06 08:11 AM
64 posts,
#5094, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 8

I see, Im just looking for something to put for now to atleast drive it. Later on when I get the SC on, I can change to a diff trans.

- JV

Ryan97EclipseRSFeb-06-06 02:52 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
135 posts,
#5095, "RE: Blown Tranny"
In response to Reply # 9

Sorry to bring this back a bit STT, but the gear ratio on the neon tranny, would it be better in the 1/4mi over the eclipse tranny? 97 GS

///97 Eclipse GS\\\
-Greddy Header-Greddy Evo Catback-AEM Short Ram-3 Angle, P&P (AMM Work)-B&M short Shifter-Symborski Kit-

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #5083 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic