Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1377
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Beefing up tranny" Previous topic | Next topic
darosa4561Sep-09-03 11:11 AM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1377, "Beefing up tranny"

I have a 5-speed. Now i plan on going all motor for a while and just finsihed my upgrading my hole front brake system. Now i want to move on to the tranny. I dont want to get to crazy collage kid hear not tons of money but i get paid really good. I am going to do a phantom grip diff, cuz people are having problems with new skool. Spec stage 1 clutch with alumin fly wheel. i already have ES motor mounts inserts. What else can i do to help give an improvment while i have the tranny down.

1997 Dodge Avenger I-4 5-Speed
DreamSpeed Cold Air Intake,AF/X Under Drive Pully, ES Motor Mount Inserts, MSD DIS2, MSD Coil Pack, MSD 8.5mm Wires,Aluminem Flywheel,Spec Stage1 Clutch,Crank Scraper, Quaife LSD,Airmass 4-1 Headers, Test Pipe, Bosal Catback,B&M Short SHifter(50%),Symbroski Shifter Kit, Grounding Kit, Solid Front Motor Mount

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
WickedESiSep-09-03 09:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1381, "RE: Beefing up tranny"
In response to Reply # 0

Definatley get the safing brackets so your differential pin doesn't slide out and turn your spider gear into a time bomb while driving. (Which is how my first tranmission exploded.)

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

darosa4561Sep-10-03 01:08 AM
245 posts,
#1382, "RE: Beefing up tranny"
In response to Reply # 1

yea i was going to have them weld the pin in place

DreamSpeed Cold Air Intake,AF/X Under Drive Pully, ES Motor Mount Inserts, MSD DIS2, MSD Coil Pack, MSD 8.5mm Wires,Aluminem Flywheel,Spec Stage1 Clutch,Crank Scraper, Quaife LSD,Airmass 4-1 Headers, Test Pipe, Bosal Catback,B&M Short SHifter(50%),Symbroski Shifter Kit, Grounding Kit, Solid Front Motor Mount

darosa4561Sep-10-03 06:03 PM
245 posts,
#1387, "RE: Beefing up tranny"
In response to Reply # 2

No one else has any sugestions!!!!!!

Matt_95tgsSep-11-03 01:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#1389, "RE: Beefing up tranny"
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-11-03 01:22 AM by Matt_95tgs

I suggest that you don't get the phantom grip for the reasons that Dino discusses here: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=38769&mesg_id=38769&listing_type=search.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-13-03 07:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1414, "RE: Beefing up tranny"
In response to Reply # 4

Internally, the trans is great. It'll take what you give it. If you want to make it better, invest in a good LSD conversion (search for RetroFit in this forum). Run good fluid, use a bigger trash magnet. Not much else you can do otherwise. Rates of T350 failure tend to be low when properly maintained, even well over the manufacturer's input torque rating.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1377 Previous topic | Next topic