Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7497
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Clicking sound on clutch" Previous topic | Last topic
LouisFeb-21-01 01:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
158 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7497, "Clicking sound on clutch"

Last few days Ive been noticing a clicking sound when i depress the clutch, doesnt always happen but I'd say around 2 out ot 5 times It'll click and I can actually feel something click as well with my foot...car drives fine and clutch grabs fine as well but its just annoying and worry it might get worse..I just had the car taken to satan for the 60k checkup around 3 weeks ago so If my clutch was dying they would have told me...hell I'd feel it.
Anyone had that happen?..I use to have a vibration on the gas pedal some time ago but that went away...hoping this will go away too with time, but at 61k my car aint getting any younger

Louis

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DSMNT96Feb-21-01 03:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
113 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7498, "RE: Clicking sound on clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

I hear the same sound too sometimes. My clutch works perfectly fine. Grabs perfectly and all. I have no idea what that clicking is. Sorry I couldnt answer your question, I just wanted to let you know that Im hearing and feeling the same thing.

Angel

"Some road laws were meant to be broken, I break them everyday"
"I wasn't speeding officer, you were just driving slow!"

2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo
(SOLD)'03 Eclipse GS
(SOLD)'96 Eclipse RS
Star Stage 1 @ 5psi w/Stock Exhaust
1/4 ET- 14.78 @ 96.35mph
60ft- 2.42
1/8- 9.71 @ 76.09mph
Best 60ft-2.21

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mikee97gsFeb-21-01 03:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7499, "RE: Clicking sound on clutch"
In response to Reply # 1

I had the same problem a while back. What they told me at the dealership was that there were broken nuts/bolts on the hub. So what u are hearing is the clicking of the broken bolts/nuts. It cost me around 150 to have them fix it.

mikee97gsFeb-21-01 03:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
#7500, "RE: Clicking sound on clutch"
In response to Reply # 2

I meant to say the broken bolts holding the driver side wheel.

LouisFeb-22-01 02:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
158 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7501, "RE: Clicking sound on clutch"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanx, if it gets too annoying I'll have to take it to satan..
hopefully it won't get damaged

Louis J. Bogiani

VxROxVFeb-22-01 03:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#7502, "RE: Clicking sound on clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

I had the same symptoms on my car and it'll happen also when i depressed the clutch... But the solution for my car was changing the driver side axle because the booth were torn and the grease for the bearing was all gone and dried up...

RO

XT_DSMFeb-22-01 04:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#7503, "RE: Clicking sound on clutch"
In response to Reply # 5

http://members.dencity.com/xtdsm

here is what I have to say, I might be wrong but it worked for me.

the clicking sound you hear once you press on the clutch mostly comes from the spring installed on the clutch pedal itself.

I know it sounds dumb, but trust me, that might be the reason, and it worked for me, how to fix it, you will have to find out, but atleast you now know it's not a major problem.

Adel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7497 Previous topic | Last topic