Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3476
View in threaded mode

Subject: "odd clutch engagement" Previous topic | Next topic
docta doomSep-17-04 01:57 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
240 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3476, "odd clutch engagement"

my clutch was engaging really low after the hurricane down here in FL, then i was unable to shift due to the clutch not disengaging (or engaging, just not disconnecting from the engine). after asking some professionals and using the search function of this great forum, i bled my clutch and put in new DOT 4 fluid and now my problem is fixed but i have come across a new one, my clutch engagement is really high. is this normal or is this a sign of a worn clutch (lots of miles on my car, dont know if it was ever replaced or not and with what)? some cars have the engagement lowering as the clutch wears and others have it raising, which way does ours go?

sucker MC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
DSMRoadsterSep-17-04 04:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3477, "RE: odd clutch engagement"
In response to Reply # 0

when my clutch was starting to go, it was engaging very hi. 2 weeks ago, it went.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

docta doomSep-18-04 08:11 AM
240 posts,
#3480, "RE: odd clutch engagement"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
when my clutch was starting to go, it was engaging very hi. 2 weeks ago, it went.

thanks for the info man, looks like i'm gonna have to go clutch hunting.

sucker MC

DSMRoadsterSep-18-04 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#3482, "RE: odd clutch engagement"
In response to Reply # 2

Do some searches, but I just got myself a Southbend DXD-F clutch. Will let you know how it drives tomorrow.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

docta doomSep-18-04 05:31 PM
240 posts,
#3486, "RE: odd clutch engagement"
In response to Reply # 3

i've found some cheepy ones on Ebay (Exedy), and a spec for like 290, but i'm also still not sure on how this modular/non-modular clutch things goes.

sucker MC

DSMRoadsterSep-18-04 05:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#3488, "RE: odd clutch engagement"
In response to Reply # 4

modular just makes it easy to install. All modular means is that the pressure plate is riveted to the fly wheel with the disk in between. You then bolt that combo to the starter/flex plate. The starter/flex plate is the big disk with the teeth on it thet gets turned by the starter.

For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3476 Previous topic | Next topic